Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get a new cb, new cm like allan and a new rw, that'd make a world of difference tbh....so long as they're all good. Anything more is just a bonus, but getting in the right players will hopefully raise the performances of players like siggurdsson, delph, gomes, Bernard and kean.

Who's to say kean and gordon don't have a proper breakthrough season like alli and kane? You never really know in football, we're looking at making changes to the spine. Gbamin could be a good player who will make a difference.

Other teams aren't going to be drastically improving this season due to the situation, ideally we need 5 or 6, but it's not as if we have no talent.... They're just massively failing to live up to their potential.

The midfield is obviously an issue, the biggest being none of them can play in a two. I'm sure a midfield 3 of gomes, allan and Gbamin / delph would be a vast improvement than last season if we can only get one in.

Has anyone else already pretty much given up hope for next season?

Not knee jerking or bedwetting about it, but it just seems so inevitable that we're going to do next to nothing. I'm not angry; I just sort of have a bored acceptance of the situation.

As always with Everton, it's a case of "what if" - what if Ancelotti had that money instead of Koeman and Silva etc.
Nothingness is a distinct possibility but a relegation battle is not out of the question if we don't get at least a couple of new faces in. Coleman, Delph, siggy, Walcott are all a year older/worse

Nothingness is a distinct possibility but a relegation battle is not out of the question if we don't get at least a couple of new faces in. Coleman, Delph, siggy, Walcott are all a year older/worse

The worst we'll ever finish with that squad is around 14th. There's too much individual quality scattered around to pick up enough points to survive quite comfortably, even if the team is an incoherent mess.

Every year people underestimate just how awful six or seven teams are in the Premier League. You almost have to try to get relegated. Hell, if Deulofeu had stayed fit then Watford would have comfortably survived last season - just one player makes that much of a difference.

What’s the point in signing Allan though, signing a champs league player to play with a load of tosh.

Sign someone like Sanagre, Allan is superb but my head is kettled thinking how it makes sense.
This is bang on. We are only signing Allan if the ambition and wherewithal to compete in the next couple of years is there. Otherwise it makes no sense and highly unlikely the player himself would want that.

If we can get a new cb, new cm like allan and a new rw, that'd make a world of difference tbh....so long as they're all good. Anything more is just a bonus, but getting in the right players will hopefully raise the performances of players like siggurdsson, delph, gomes, Bernard and kean.

Who's to say kean and gordon don't have a proper breakthrough season like alli and kane? You never really know in football, we're looking at making changes to the spine. Gbamin could be a good player who will make a difference.

Other teams aren't going to be drastically improving this season due to the situation, ideally we need 5 or 6, but it's not as if we have no talent.... They're just massively failing to live up to their potential.

The midfield is obviously an issue, the biggest being none of them can play in a two. I'm sure a midfield 3 of gomes, allan and Gbamin / delph would be a vast improvement than last season if we can only get one in.
Totally agree. 3 or 4 good players gives our team a totally different feel and. As you suggest, will likely raise the game of players like Andre, sig and iwobi while Richie, holgste,digne etc can carry on their form

Totally agree. 3 or 4 good players gives our team a totally different feel and. As you suggest, will likely raise the game of players like Andre, sig and iwobi while Richie, holgste,digne etc can carry on their form

I missed out pickford because he's probably the biggest underperformer and the biggest problem lately with some of the goals he's conceded. It's the attitude that's the main problem with these players, probably because they feel the season is already over by xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.