Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that and I was delusional enough myself to think we could get these players, but it has turned into a shambles. We need a complete revamp of our scouting and recruitment. We also need patience and time because of this.

I'm not against us using the loan market again to our advantage. Sometimes good players at elite clubs become available for season long loans and that could be our best way to get a top name.

I'm very interested to see what we do this summer because we have to show we have learned painful lessons.
I think we definitely need to be taking a few more punts on emerging talent. Offer them somewhere they’ll play every week. Add a couple of astute signings of more experienced players and it could be a decent formula.

More Richarlison’s and less Sigurdsson‘s please.

I get that and I was delusional enough myself to think we could get these players, but it has turned into a shambles. We need a complete revamp of our scouting and recruitment. We also need patience and time because of this.

I'm not against us using the loan market again to our advantage. Sometimes good players at elite clubs become available for season long loans and that could be our best way to get a top name.

I'm very interested to see what we do this summer because we have to show we have learned painful lessons.

We got a lot of stick for the whole 'Everloan' thing, but I always thought it was a really good policy.

It removes the risk of being stuck with an expensive dud if things dont work out.

Iwobi on a season long loan with an 'option' to buy would have been a much better deal than the one we made.....not saying Arsenal would have allowed him out on loan like but just an example

This week has become boring.

No ins/outs so far.

Hoping Brands could have shifted 3 players this week :(

So much to be done on the outs let alone ins
Brands is in well over his head. Ancelotti said we’d be stronger at the start of the season but obviously Brands didn’t get the memo.

I’m delighted we never spent £40mil on Nathan Ake.
We are in the awful position of being expected to pay top 6 prices when we go for a target and not mid-table prices which is where we actually are at the moment.

A Nathan Ake to us should be 25-30 million, but if we went for him, you know we'd get reamed for the 40 million PLUS whatever mercenary premium it'd take to get him over a top 4 or 6 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.