Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat Watford on Saturday, so we don't need any new players now.

Unless we don't beat Palace. If that happens, we need an entire new squad.

Drew with Newcastle and scraped a win at Watford and apparently now the squad is fine and nailed on for Europe. Give it 2/4 weeks and we will be moaning about our squad again.

Ancelotti is a good manager but not a miracle worker.

I have to agree with chippy above. I am not sold on our squad after the Newcastle debacle. Hopefully, we won't go into any downhill spiral but we have had some nice fixtures lately to claim points. I am really looking forward to our interests in the summer to help us kick on.

Drew with Newcastle and scraped a win at Watford and apparently now the squad is fine and nailed on for Europe. Give it 2/4 weeks and we will be moaning about our squad again.

But the squad is easily enough at the level required to finish 7th.

Why not just wait until the summer and let the manager assess his squad properly.
As yet he hasn't seen Gbamin or Gomes play at all, Iwobi only once.
Why not let him watch the remaining games to determine where he most needs to buy players.
In that time, I expect that conversations will be had with several players suggesting that if they were to leave he would not stand in their way.

This season was a disaster from almost the first day. Were we going to spend money in January to chase a spot in the Europa league ?
Let us finish where we will this season( I see no reason why we cannot match last season), then let the manager and DOF buy and sell as they see fit when players are available in the summer.

The squad is what it is , I want to see what these players can do, they are playing for their futures, if they cannot raise their game for that then they need to go.
They are well paid and working under an elite manager, for the first time for most of them.

going to be intresting especially with michael keane to see if he wants to leave as is now second to mina holgate also be shocked if we dont bring another cm in cant really see us bringer a cf instead of moving rich there and another winger bought in with maybe a bid for itharren at psv for the long term to

so that could be the reason why not much movement in the jan window in general.

Clubs are afraid to invest under the cloud of uncertainty.

Any new rules will probably be phased in I would imagine, cant imagine they will just turn round and say SELL ALL YOUR FORENS NOW.

Doubt it will that extreme, but there is certainly a degree of uncertainty.

The English premium will go through the roof tho short term, I mean this summer anybody who has a HG player is going to be able to stick a big chunk on top.

On this Brexit stuff, we will just sign forens who are married to a nurse. Or better still, a surgeon or a delivery driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.