Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were going to spend over the odds on a player I'd break the bank for Thomas Partey before the likes of Grealish. It's what we need more.

Give him silly wages - his release clause is "only" around £45m and the lad is outstanding.

Would be all over this.

As you say, EXACTLY what we need

I'm hoping Fonseca will want to work with Bernard again at Roma. As he was a free transfer we could accept a relatively low fee and offload his wages. He contributes very little. Gordon is better.

If Swansea get promoted they could potentially look at taking Sigurdsson home as they'll need proven premier league ability and experience.

Probably wishful thinking in both cases.

If we were going to spend over the odds on a player I'd break the bank for Thomas Partey before the likes of Grealish. It's what we need more.

Give him silly wages - his release clause is "only" around £45m and the lad is outstanding.

I'd agree, but I couldn't see him leaving Atleti to join a side with our current profile. We'd have to make one or two other big signings to tempt these guys in, without considering fees and wages. I don't see us making a "statement" signing.

It's going to be difficult, perhaps moreso than in recent previous years.

This is the scenario that a DOF was brought in to manage, let's see whether Brands redeems himself or not.

I'd agree, but I couldn't see him leaving Atleti to join a side with our current profile. We'd have to make one or two other big signings to tempt these guys in, without considering fees and wages. I don't see us making a "statement" signing.

It's going to be difficult, perhaps moreso than in recent previous years.

This is the scenario that a DOF was brought in to manage, let's see whether Brands redeems himself or not.

Just pay him silly wages IMO. We need to make a statement signing to entice others in, and you don't get them to come unless their pay packet is massive. City started their transformation by just throwing stupid money at Robinho and the rest followed once the intent of the club to compete was clear for all to see.

He's on £65k a week now apparently. If it were me, I'd throw £150k a week at Partey knowing he'll be a key part of the side for at least five years - it'd at least give him the thought in his mind as I don't think any other club would match that wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.