Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree with you here.

There are over a dozen prem clubs sitting on huge piles of cash, but all getting quoted silly prices. Many of them are holding fire as a consequence of those silly prices. You still have City, United and Liverpool with bloated squads, looking to shift several players. There will be a frenzy on the final day I suspect.

Will be a lot of outs from United on deadline day and probably one more big buy paid for by that.

Lots of stories about James McCarthy possibly going to Palace for £18m, and a link to Celtic as well. Koeman has apparently said McCarthy is in his plans, but with Idrissa and Barry being the midfield partnership he seems to be opting for, McCarthy may want to move on, rather than being back up or playing right wingback.

I would'nt mind if we did sell him, with everyone fit we would still have; Idrissa, Barry, Besic and Gibson for the central midfield roles, plus some of the younger players like Davies and Dowell. Also we could use that £18m on a striker

I thought we were supposed to have a 100 million investment and TV money. Why would we need to sell McCarthy to buy a striker? 2 weeks of Gibson and we'll be wishing for a McCarty. As for Davis and dowell. Maybe but in 3 or 4 years.

I thought we were supposed to have a 100 million investment and TV money. Why would we need to sell McCarthy to buy a striker? 2 weeks of Gibson and we'll be wishing for a McCarty. As for Davis and dowell. Maybe but in 3 or 4 years.

If McCarthy/Clev go we'll get a quality midfielder in.

Status
Not open for further replies.