Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
71053d421c0f0df96f1e44be75631559.gif
I would also like a go at her hoop

Didn't Koeman himself say recently that we're, first and foremost, looking at players who are willing to "buy into the project"? Suggests to me that any 'CL level' players would have to be convinced that we'd get there within the next couple of years and until then they'd have to do without. Can't be many 'marquee' signings who'd be willing to do that imo, particularly coming from european clubs that regularly complete in the group stages anyway.

The relatively late appointment of Walsh in the summer has also been a critical factor in the position we find ourselves in now, still hoping to sign 3-5 players in the next week, some of these no doubt on deadline day itself.

I don't have an issue with the club here - they obviously wanted Monchi as their first choice but I assume moved on to Walsh when it became clear Monchi was not available.

Once Walsh was in, it was always going to be a case of him getting settled rather than signings becoming available off a conveyor belt. It is very simplistic to suggest he could simply take the template of what worked at Leicester and apply it seamlessly and immediately at Everton.

I do think Walsh's impact is becoming more apparent later in the window with the interest in Ghezzal, Perez and others.
And of course Gana DID sign. If Kanté had knocked back Leicester last year due to "no Europe", he would not have a championship winners medal now. We just have to stick with it and be persistent in our attempts. As we have seen, we are suffering from a lot of refusals, but we still have a week to go.

What remains to be seen is how many of the players still to be signed will be on Walshs initiative. Reading between the lines, I'm not sure if Koeman himself is all that comfortable with the recruitment side, and he doesn't particularly need to be under our new structure. He commented very early on after joining that he thought a DoF was the way forward for the club. There is an assumption (not expressed here to be fair) that with his reputation and playing career, he can get players to join simply by chatting to them, but it seems to me this is not his environment at all and he is a traditional manager, happiest with preparing for games and getting improvements from players.

It will probably be next summer before we can get the true benefits of what Walsh can bring to the table, but that is not to say we can't make 3 or 4 signings in the next week who can improve us and provide depth and cover. He has been with us now for over a month, and even if we have had to shift targets many times for different positions, I still hope we can get a few in. That is not to say sign players for it's own sake but this is where he earns his money, recruitment, as Walsh himself has said, is his key area of responsibility and few would argue that we don't need a few more in by month end.

Buying shares is not investing. I don't invest in Apple if I buy their shares. Behave. If you are going to use the term wrongly in a misleading way then don't complain if someone corrects you.

There's absolutely no evidence he has spent any money on the stadium and in fact evidence to suggest he hasn't. Simply because if he had then the share ownership would need to change again. What people now are suggesting is that another company will build the stadium and Everton will lease it.
You're entirely missing my point because you're attempting to tug the conversation towards Moshiri's actions or intentions - that's off topic.

Look back, I have not said he has done anything as you may suggest, nor have I implied it. Yet neither have I said he has been inactive.

I simply mentioned that perhaps the said £100m figure bounded about may have come from a reference to an overall initial investment.

He may have simply bought shares, which you're right to say isn't an investment. He may have paid off some of the debt or bought some land.

I don't actually know and to be fair neither do many people, hence why there may be the original confusion with regards to the £100m.

And that was my point - the £100 transfer figure. Not about Moshiri investing or what you want to imply yet you've decide to go on off an tangent.

But I'd like to ask, apart from what Esk has told you how do you know what Moshiri has invested or not invested into the club?

You've got a gripe with the current situation of the club and that is clear...

Didn't Koeman himself say recently that we're, first and foremost, looking at players who are willing to "buy into the project"? Suggests to me that any 'CL level' players would have to be convinced that we'd get there within the next couple of years and until then they'd have to do without. Can't be many 'marquee' signings who'd be willing to do that imo, particularly coming from european clubs that regularly complete in the group stages anyway.
It would be better business i believe to sign their cast offs rather than trying and failing to get their main players. Because why would people want to swap that for us? Which is the problem we are having.

But there is plenty of talent in these squads that could have been picked up that would still improve us. I know it is all fantasy saying that fair enough, but how many good players are just not wanted at their clubs? How many players have left top clubs because of it and still went on to be great players?

Bill only said no because he would have lost control at Everton mate. Bill had no alternative plan his ego would not allow it. Unless you believed the " Fortress sports fund " of course.

Yeah I know... Just be a shame if we went through all the " bad language removed " and ended up not owning our new stadium... Obviously leading is better than staying at goodison and if that's the only option , then we should do it, but, leasing will just make the Kings dock opportunity even harder to stomach ... Even after all this time. I am very anti bill and cannot believe how poorly we have been run... And for so long too.

Status
Not open for further replies.