Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...are people suggesting that if Moshiri had not bought 49% of the shares, with up to 75% being his eventual take up, and Bill and the old board were still in place, we would have spent no more money than has already been spent? We would have broken or equalled our record transfer fee, we would have committed millions to a parcel of land on the river side, we would have acquired Koeman and Walsh and we would have cleared the bulk of our debts?
There will always been a section of 'support' particularly on the internet forums, that will never be happy or even believe anything that is good about the club they supposedly support, and I suspect that for these people, its the 'argument' and 'confrontation' that gives them their buzz.It's actually nothing to do with football, its just the way they are, probably, in 'real life'
The positive way to react to what is happening at Everton currently, is to embrace the changes and be confident about the future.
Some people shout and scream about what they want, but when they get it they don't want it anymore. I have grave doubts about the motives of these self proclaimed 'supporters'.

I've been saying the same thing for ages. The people who spent years moaning about Bill and how he'd never sell while he was still alive moved straight onto something else as soon as they were proven wrong. For these people, it matters not who or what they moan about, just that they can complain about something.

You can see it already - if we do spend more now before the window closes, the calculators will come out in an effort to prove we have only spent the extra TV money and Moshiri still hasn't put his hand in his pocket. It's the same process time and again, ignore the good things that are happening and make sure no credit it given and then jump on the bad stuff, or imagine bad things are happening in order to give someone a bashing.

If these people are like this outside the internet, it must be genuinely depressing being around them.

Buying shares is not investing. I don't invest in Apple if I buy their shares. Behave. If you are going to use the term wrongly in a misleading way then don't complain if someone corrects you.

There's absolutely no evidence he has spent any money on the stadium and in fact evidence to suggest he hasn't. Simply because if he had then the share ownership would need to change again. What people now are suggesting is that another company will build the stadium and Everton will lease it.

I really hope the leasing of the stadium is bs. It's basically the same deal Greg offered and bill said no. Means we have been playing at goodison for the last 15 years only to accept the same deal as we had before... Meaning we could have had kings dock

Anyway back to transfers.

Schneiderlin would be boss, and seems on the fringes at best at United, mourinho passed up on him when at saints as well so could see us bringing him in easily.

In that class just below the ones we've been knocked back by and history with koeman could see it as a good one

I really hope the leasing of the stadium is bs. It's basically the same deal Greg offered and bill said no. Means we have been playing at goodison for the last 15 years only to accept the same deal as we had before... Meaning we could have had kings dock

Bill only said no because he would have lost control at Everton mate. Bill had no alternative plan his ego would not allow it. Unless you believed the " Fortress sports fund " of course.

Absolutely mate, I'd never heard of him before last week.mbut that's not my point is it.....the fact we wanted him and have taken so long to get it done and now Arsenal have joined and look to have won the race worries me massively. We are taking so long to get deals done others are nipping in and taking them from under our noses.

See that...that line there, well, here's how people need to start viewing that as a point, it's not hard and it's pretty straightforward...

Just flip it, it's a doddle when you flip it...

Ergo:

It APPEARS we are taking an age to get deals done because the players we're attempting to get things done with are - in some cases - hanging WELL back before committing in order they wait and see if anyone else comes in for them.

Like, say....ARSENAL.

The money's down, the offers are there, the wages are in place...

It's the sell that's difficult....

'...come to us....we finish 11th...'

It's grim though that the club gets hauled over the stones (not by you mate BTW) for this just because players/targets are picky petulant ball-bags.....and factor in the point that, simply, we're not as big as some of us think we are...if some of these teats want EURO footy, all that, then they're in no rush to sign for us no matter how long our offer's been on the table...

Crap innit but that, m'fweeeend, is how it is...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.