Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be unreal if we could get a deal like that done, I personally would be willing to take 35m and Bony. City paid 28m for Bony 18 months ago and whilst he's failed to really set the world alight at Manchester I still think he's a really good player, a proven goal scorer and 27 he's entering the prime of his career.

Player exchanges almost never happen, especially in the Premier League but taking in Bony gives us an awesome player and the lower transfer fee for us would mean less money has to go to Barnsley and we'd have the be able to bring in a top player for much less than his real value.
We would have to pay Barnsley a percentage of bonys value, would probably go to court. Unless bony was a 'free transfer' ;-)

I've honestly got no hopes left for a good signing. All that Mohshiri's money excitement has gone to the bin. We are more worried in getting more money for Lukaku and Stones than we are for spending some and making a statement. Still buying relegated players despite having millions allegedly.

Would you be willing to bet on that?

Not for money, the loser gets a week ban.

I will take 8 or above and you take less than 8.

It includes loans and only deals done from this moment on?
Lol you are in trouble mate. 6 in the next 3 weeks? I hope for your sake you include youth team players?

Yes you could indeed

Right now mate - it's for me anyway down to wages, we are offering very competitive deals to these players - better than the 'bigger teams' are, which looking in from outside seems impressive, but the reality is they are that far ahead of us in terms of players wanting to go their rather than here, that we aren't offering enough to bridge the gap and make the decision for them so to speak

Koulibaly for example or Witsel, we may be offering 10k a week more than say Cheslea, Juve, Napoli etc, but is that going to be enough to REALLY turn their heads, the commercial and sponsorship/endorsements these guys will make at the 'bugger profile' teams in comparision to what they would get deal wise at us, it probably erases that 10k and more.

To gte a marquee, statement or whatever you wish to call it signing over the line, as City showed with Robinho - requires blowing the competition out the water in terms of the deal and wages offered, right now we aren't doing so, so yeah whilst it sounds impresive we are offering around 120-150k or whatever it is for players - when our top earner is only on 75k in Lukaku, the reality of it is - we are bidding against teams that have those wages as average for first team calibre players and pay significantly more for 'stars'.

We either need to get lucky, drop our ambitions (which would be suicide really) or face the fact we will need to push the boat out a lot further than we planned too

Right now mate - it's for me anyway down to wages, we are offering very competitive deals to these players - better than the 'bigger teams' are, which looking in from outside seems impressive, but the reality is they are that far ahead of us in terms of players wanting to go their rather than here, that we aren't offering enough to bridge the gap and make the decision for them so to speak

Koulibaly for example or Witsel, we may be offering 10k a week more than say Cheslea, Juve, Napoli etc, but is that going to be enough to REALLY turn their heads, the commercial and sponsorship/endorsements these guys will make at the 'bugger profile' teams in comparision to what they would get deal wise at us, it probably erases that 10k and more.

To gte a marquee, statement or whatever you wish to call it signing over the line, as City showed with Robinho - requires blowing the competition out the water in terms of the deal and wages offered, right now we aren't doing so, so yeah whilst it sounds impresive we are offering around 120-150k or whatever it is for players - when our top earner is only on 75k in Lukaku, the reality of it is - we are bidding against teams that have those wages as average for first team calibre players and pay significantly more for 'stars'.

We either need to get lucky, drop our ambitions (which would be suicide really) or face the fact we will need to push the boat out a lot further than we planned too
It's getting that first one over the line. Could happen any day now.

I want us to purchase a striker who fits the pressing system that manager is trying to implement which is not Bony. I think we should be trying to spend our big money on goal scoring/creative attacking midfielders. I don't trust Barkley to deliver like we need him to in that advanced midfield role.

It's getting that first one over the line. Could happen any day now.

Could do mate, but IMO anyway we are 'haggling' too much, we should have increased the packages offfered, yeah i know it's risky etc, but if as we have been told, the plan is too sell stones and then us that STCC cap to go as high as possible, then right as it stands atm, we will get nowhere near raising it the full ammount, why not go into it with the midset off - yes for the next 2-3 years whilst we are trying to raise the profile of the club, overspend on these players salries to get them over the line.

Short term it would mean we overpay for what we get, but longer term the ambition is to vastly improve the wages we can pay and the wage cap for the team, so end justifies the means IMO.

IF we sell stones and we are allowed to raise the wages paid by the club for the season by say roughly 60m (including a sale of some player like mccarthy or cleverley in addition) and we then go out and only raise the teams wages by say 40m for the season, then the aim we have have all been told is the reason for selling an asset like stones has been not fully utilised and has ultimately been an excuse and a failiure in the 'plan'

Status
Not open for further replies.