Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would lose a lot of respect for Rom if he went back to Chelsea, especially after all the talk from his camp about wanting Champions League football and proving him self at the highest level. If/when he leaves I'd like it to be abroad and to a top club.

Club he has always supported, club he was deemed not good enough for so has a point to prove to them, no CL footy etc, but can see how he can EASILY spin the absence of that and use the other points i said as a reason he would return

His long passing is but his short passing is quick and direct and doesn't need much work for a centre half.

Honestly not that bothered if our cb's can pass the ball fantastic or are just getting it clear mate really, lots of teams have had success without needing to have cb's who can actually pass the ball well, rather they gave it to those whose job it is ;)

Honestly not that bothered if our cb's can pass the ball fantastic or are just getting it clear mate really, lots of teams have had success without needing to have cb's who can actually pass the ball well, rather they gave it to those whose job it is ;)

Well then why sell him? His defensive errors can be easily coached out of him and he's the only threat we have in the opposition box really. Doesn't need to start every game but he's a good player. Some of our fans mindsets baffle me; swear you think we can sell the full team and replace with a new one.

Well then why sell him? His defensive errors can be easily coached out of him and he's the only threat we have in the opposition box really. Doesn't need to start every game but he's a good player. Some of our fans mindsets baffle me; swear you think we can sell the full team and replace with a new one.

Mate, i never said i want to sell him, we need to keep hold of all our cb's and add another good quality one, not the other way around

especially as Jagielka is at an age and has had enough injury worries the past 5-6 years that he could hit the wall soon if we are unlucky

Oh yeah and we have enough crap at the team atm that needs to be shifted on before we even think about selling anyone who isn't in that group

Mate, i never said i want to sell him, we need to keep hold of all our cb's and add another good quality one, not the other way around

especially as Jagielka is at an age and has had enough injury worries the past 5-6 years that he could hit the wall soon if we are unlucky

Ah thought you were in the sell group. Yeh we have 3 senior CB's with one being old and the other linked to every team but ours.

He produced most clearences in the squad.

I like that, need to just boot it at times instead of trying to play around players, that can be suicide

Ah thought you were in the sell group. Yeh we have 3 senior CB's with one being old and the other linked to every team but ours.

Nah mate, far from it, he has his flaws - but he has done a hell of a lot better than i'd hoped for initially for his first season in a compeltely new league, and he has some things he does that makes you think with the right coaching he could turn into a very good centre back, for 9m or so we paid - decent business really and utter madness to get rid.

Don't want to see any of this defence moved on this summer, think the entire group will improve under whichever manager comes in

He produced most clearences in the squad.

I like that, need to just boot it at times instead of trying to play around players, that can be suicide

The areas he looks weakest in are all tied up with the problems we have seen throughout the squad, makes bad errors when we endlessly are tapping it around in our own half - ditto the rest of the squad, looks shakey against balls in the air - ditto the rest of the squad.

New manager who actually has them training properly AND ditches this god awful tippy tapping passing it like a daisy chain crap will get those areas ironed out fast, the way he is when he is in the oppostition box already shows that he has the makings of being being a damned good cb in the air

Our defensed needs to be coached its that simple, Baines, Coleman, Jags were part of one of the best defensive PL recod keepers for years. Throw in Stones and Mori and it doesnt get worse. Boberto was the weak link here.

I would sign a grock though, i enjoy a good grock centre half.

My hope is the fact that we now have some money means we don't miss out on specific targets that are identified. I don't want to see money spent just to spend it or spent foolishly. What i wan is if/when our new manager says, "i want player X - he is the one" that we have the ability to ensure we are not outbid in our efforts to get him.

This isn't to say that we may not lose out on players due to factors beyond money, but hopefully money will no longer be a reason.

Our mantra this summer needs to be quality and fit over quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.