Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suuurely not. He's so much better than the Turkish League.

Also I really am getting jittery about all these deals being done while we don't even have a manager. Especially when we have SO much rebuilding to do this summer.

There's plenty of fish in the sea, mate. No need to worry.

Whoever the new manager is will come in with a clear outline of what he wants

Suuurely not. He's so much better than the Turkish League.

Also I really am getting jittery about all these deals being done while we don't even have a manager. Especially when we have SO much rebuilding to do this summer.

Ditto; especially with clubs seemingly circling the likes of Batshuayi, Lacazette and Embolo; 3 players I would class as potential Lukaku replacements.

Everton's scout in Belgium says we're looking at Engels so that's slightly more concrete interest than a fluff piece in the paper. If we are going for this sort of player do people see it as:

1. To partner Stones with Jags and Mori reserve
2. Replace Stones in the first team
3. To be our 4th CB
4. Replace Jags

Considering we have Pennington, Browning and Galloway around the first team would we even be going for a 4th CB?

Where have you seen / heard that?

i only heard of him about a month ago when we were linked but read that he is a leader, 6 foot 4 and potentially a top player who can pass out from the back and bring the ball out.

He must be very good if hes in Belgiums euro squad at 21 years old.

I have a feeling we will see Mori leave this summer and will need to replace him and possibly Jags soon.

Everton's scout in Belgium says we're looking at Engels so that's slightly more concrete interest than a fluff piece in the paper. If we are going for this sort of player do people see it as:

3. To be our 4th CB
4. Replace Jags

Considering we have Pennington, Browning and Galloway around the first team would we even be going for a 4th CB?

I don't get how we can look at players until the new manager is appointed? Also - is that the scout that found Niasse?!

3. To be our 4th CB
4. Replace Jags

If I recall, the scout specifically said "yeah we're watching him, but Prem clubs watch a lot of players extensively, it doesn't mean we're gonna bid".

Sounds to me like the scouts are still just doing their job - watching interesting players, regardless of whether we have a manager or not. Wouldn't read much into it in terms of squad planning.

Specifically, we need two strikers this summer, and there's really not many around. Worries me I guess.

defenders are getting crapper, especially in the english leagues. There may not be that many good ones around, but there's still plenty around who could come from say fleetwood and within a couple of years find it easy to bamboozle prem defenders on a regular basis.

The silence from the club about Osman makes me think he is staying in some capacity. Surely he would have got the same send off as Howard if he wasn't getting some type of new deal?
Howard had the send off because the deal for him to back to the States was in place a couple of months ago. Wouldn't read too much into Osman not having one

@hetion where has this scout said were watching Engels? All ive seen was a link about a month ago.

@Pabbers where have you seen Mori linked to moves away? Could be why Unsworth dropped him?

I think if we are keeping Stones then his partnership with Mori hasnt been the best and also we need one of them to be a dominant organizer in the defence like a Terry/Adams/Watson/Gough type. That isnt Funes-Mori and with Jags,Galloway,Pennington etc we have a few players there already so could lose Mori to bring in that Leader we need.

I think United could do with him as he could be their partner for Smalling and they can pay the £££ but Lazio id be surprised with unless it was a swap deal for their young winger whose name escapes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.