Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more thinking of the logic of bringing in a 22yo unproven at this level backup to a 27yo - when we have an 18yo with a huge amount of potential in Kenny who should in theory anyway be earmarked as Colemans long term successor, their is a risk that we can end up cock blocking the progress of a lot of very good home grown academy lads by buying in ones who are 2-3 years further down the development road.
Would show some serious balls to bring Kenny into the first team but if they think he's ready I'd be for it. (only in case of an injury crisis for now however.)

We do have Mason Holgate as well, Galloway and Stones but started their transitions into our squad as full backs.

CYHXFwaW8AAOSlp.jpg:large

Nothing from the official twitter page though

Januzaj's loan cut short at Dortmund after failing to impress. Doesn't exactly scream "go and get him" but we've been linked in the past and if there's been any truth in that then I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby takes a punt on a loan until the summer.
Another Macheda

Januzaj's loan cut short at Dortmund after failing to impress. Doesn't exactly scream "go and get him" but we've been linked in the past and if there's been any truth in that then I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby takes a punt on a loan until the summer.

Don't want him. Overrated as hell and I've always said as much. If he didn't play for United he'd get the same fanfare Victor Moses does.

Much rather play our own promising youngsters.

Agreed. There isn't a team we haven't looked like scoring against. This playmaker can wait.
Gomis though mate? He's guff.

Thing is we can't afford/attract a 15-20 goal scorer to be sat on the bench every week. I think it would also be risky taking a punt on a foreign signing who may take time to adjust to the league. That's why for me Austin/ Gomis as a second choice striker would be both realistic/cost effective and can score goals in the league.

Thing is we can't afford/attract a 15-20 goal scorer to be sat on the bench every week. I think it would also be risky taking a punt on a foreign signing who may take time to adjust to the league. That's why for me Austin/ Gomis as a end choice striker would be both realistic/cost effective and can score goals in the league.

All we need is a striker who can come in and score when starting i think. As a main striker we are covered, but say rom is injured or banned, just having the back up come in and provide a threat from the off rather than bench a really good striker is the better option in my opinion. Grtanted they won't score 20 for the season but considering rom's fitness record, we don't need them to.

Thing is we can't afford/attract a 15-20 goal scorer to be sat on the bench every week. I think it would also be risky taking a punt on a foreign signing who may take time to adjust to the league. That's why for me Austin/ Gomis as a end choice striker would be both realistic/cost effective and can score goals in the league.
Austin, 100% as it'd be buttons based on his expiring deal.

I don't think you'd get much change for Gomis from £8-10million. There are others out there who would be worth more of a punt.

Austin, 100% as it'd be buttons based on his expiring deal.

I don't think you'd get much change for Gomis from £8-10million. There are others out there who would be worth more of a punt.

Only thing with Austin is im sure he's out with a hamstring injury this month. Might stop any potential interest in him.

1. He's gash.
2. He can't go on loan again this season as he has already played for 2 clubs this season.
3. He's gash.

Gomis is terrible,Austin would be good but Dembele definitely been on the radar.

januzaj is a weird one, massively rated then disappeared and couldnt get a game in germany.

@bluestevon has kenny been near the squad ? Holgate i think has been travelling with them at least and i think hed be another galloway type full back.

Sunderland fans have been demanding hes recalled since a couple of games into the season as they dont rate their 1st team keepers.

we do need to sign players with this profile though even if they get loaned out for a couple of seasons like butland was + also sign one class keeper short term.

Pickford is making debut Saturday in F A Cup. Apparently big Sam is after Gibson. Might give him something to think about if we offer Gibson , 1m and loan Pickford back for their relegation fight. Pickford won't want to be playing in the Championship again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.