Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
His name crops up all the time. Can't say I've ever seen him play from memory.

Gowna sound like a pure hipster now but he would fit in on that left side of midfield really well for us.
Got a good long rage shot, is more of a passer and a threader then a dribbler.
Would cost in excess of 10 million though

Maybe because the one area of the field you want to change as little as possible is the centre backs so they can form an understanding together, and just as it seems he is doing so with Mori changing it all around again seems a bit ... well... daft

I think regardless of colemans injury jags would be coming back into the team anyway

According to WhoScored Sam Byram has played at right back in just two of his 15 starts this season (FWIW they've only given him an average rating of 6.65 from those games too.). It appears for a long time his weaknesses were ignored due to his youth but he's now 22 and now has over 130 league appearances for Leeds so he can't just use his age as an excuse anymore. Especially in the Premier League. Don't get me wrong he's not a bad player and I know he'd only be a back up but I just don't think he's quite as good as everyone thinks, can be quite shakey defensively at times.

Coleman is only 27 and it's not like he's been chased by the big dogs anymore so realistically I can't even see Byram becoming a starter. Will he be happy to go from starting every game to only being a back up? May be a little different if we made Europe every single year and needed a big squad but unfortunately that hasn't been the case over the past several years.

According to WhoScored Sam Byram has played at right back in just two of his 15 starts this season (FWIW they've only given him an average rating of 6.65 from those games too.). It appears for a long time his weaknesses were ignored due to his youth but he's now 22 and now has over 130 league appearances for Leeds so he can't just use his age as an excuse anymore. Especially in the Premier League. Don't get me wrong he's not a bad player and I know he'd only be a back up but I just don't think he's quite as good as everyone thinks, can be quite shakey defensively at times.

Coleman is only 27 and it's not like he's been chased by the big dogs anymore so realistically I can't even see Byram becoming a starter. Will he be happy to go from starting every game to only being a back up? May be a little different if we made Europe every single year and needed a big squad but unfortunately that hasn't been the case over the past several years.

Have you watched him though mate? I've seen him a fair few times and he's always been one of Leeds' better players. Not that it's tough to be Leeds' better player of course!

We could buy him as an option further forward that can also cover at RB. He's looked good when I've seen him.

Have you watched him though mate? I've seen him a fair few times and he's always been one of Leeds' better players. Not that it's tough to be Leeds' better player of course!
Honesty mate, I've hardly ever seen him play other than the odd Leeds game that's been on TV or a highlights show. That's why I was going off of WhoScored and when I say "appeared" I'm only going off of some match reports and Leeds fan forums. Some good ol' fashioned internet scouting so please don't take my word over anyone who regularly watches him.

I'm more thinking of the logic of bringing in a 22yo unproven at this level backup to a 27yo - when we have an 18yo with a huge amount of potential in Kenny who should in theory anyway be earmarked as Colemans long term successor, their is a risk that we can end up cock blocking the progress of a lot of very good home grown academy lads by buying in ones who are 2-3 years further down the development road.

Januzaj's loan cut short at Dortmund after failing to impress. Doesn't exactly scream "go and get him" but we've been linked in the past and if there's been any truth in that then I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby takes a punt on a loan until the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.