Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
100m we had to spend. Yet we are still net profit this summer. Same old story.
Lies.

What annoys me is we have had a great season so far and the lack of striking options, goalkeeper and squad depth will ruin it. We have a great first team but they can't play every game!
You need to check your maths

I've not seen any of our games live so far this season, so have had to rely on highlights and match reports. However, it seems clear that a great many things have changed since last year, among them fitness, clarity, direction, purpose, the imposition of high expectations, and the removal of excuses. Demand has replaced indulgence.
We obviously need new players, but the above factors have been imposed on what is largely last year's squad, suggesting what was clear to many, that the players were there, but the architecture was lacking. I think we need more guile and drive, and more ruthlessness and efficiency. I don't care who comes in to provide those qualitites, how much they cost, or whether I've heard of them or not.
As for people criticising Saturday's result as fortunate, that is exactly the kind of fortune that trophy-winning teams earn. It may appear a fluke that Baines' penalty went in, and a narrow escape that Walters fluffed his chance, but, at a very important level, that's not the case at all. Only top teams teams get lucky.

I've not seen any of our games live so far this season, so have had to rely on highlights and match reports. However, it seems clear that a great many things have changed since last year, among them fitness, clarity, direction, purpose, the imposition of high expectations, and the removal of excuses. Demand has replaced indulgence.
We obviously need new players, but the above factors have been imposed on what is largely last year's squad, suggesting what was clear to many, that the players were there, but the architecture was lacking. I think we need more guile and drive, and more ruthlessness and efficiency. I don't care who comes in to provide those qualitites, how much they cost, or whether I've heard of them or not.
As for people criticising Saturday's result as fortunate, that is exactly the kind of fortune that trophy-winning teams earn. It may appear a fluke that Baines' penalty went in, and a narrow escape that Walters fluffed his chance, but, at a very important level, that's not the case at all. Only top teams teams get lucky.
It beats the hell out of losing 3-4 at home to Stoke cos we couldnt defend for peanuts

+1 Bony for me, strangely quiet his future all summer, then all the press saying we were not interested in him and then same about Hart. All very strange Everton/City, and after Stones deal. Still think perhaps there is something in place. Bony would score lots of goals.

Would be happy with:
In:
Lamine Kone
Timo Horn/Sergio Rico
Brahimi
Adrian Silva/Danilo (Porto)
Slimani/Chicarito/Bony/Gabbiadini
Out:
Mcgreedy
Kone
Cleverly
Gibson
McCarthy too but not arsed either way
This will never happen but my god if it did!

Status
Not open for further replies.