Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think there is going to be some red faces after the window slams shut.

Of course though they will just shift their angst to "should have got them in quicker".

5 in, all ready for first XI.........at least 3 out.

Think 5 may be a tad optimistic mate!

Still think 3 in will be about right, IMO. Maybe 4, depending on who we let go.

3 weeks ago (i think?) We were told this was going to be a busy week...

lol
just been an odd one. I didn't really expect anything but then in hindsight it has still been a bit disappointing all the same.

With the game and the bank holiday now i would imagine we will get nothing now until tuesday news wise.

I wouldn't and and won't.

Some on here will be when they eventually realise that we won't be signing all these so called top players we have been linked with.

Some blues are deluded and have their heads buried well and truly in the sand.

Well, if someone considers drinking bleach then they should be sectioned and i would be surprised if they had wifi in a mental hospital.

We've already had an excellent window. Each one of our signings can be described as excellent. It is also apparent that we are not as attractive as we thought for players wanting he CL. In this regard I think we've underestimated the stupidity of your typical footballer. How many times will Lucas play for Arsenal or Witsel play for Juve? Ten a year if they're lucky, as they do a Lescott and waste their talent sitting on a bench . Fools

In all fairness Zat the Gabbiadini rumours first surfaced early last week.

This week was never gonna be full of business. As I keep saying, since Monday, who has actually been signed in the Premier League for any team?

Bravo, so far, is about it, and that had been sorted for a week or so anyway...

We're not exactly losing ground on anybody.

Were losing ground on the 10 teams who finished above us.

Gabbiadini is rubbish btw....didnt get games on the wing or attacking midfield last season...

Think 5 may be a tad optimistic mate!

Still think 3 in will be about right, IMO. Maybe 4, depending on who we let go.

How is it optimistic?

We know we want a keeper.
We know we have a bid in for Kone.
We know we are after the right back from Southampton.
We know we want a striker as we just lost a player to Arsenal.
We know we bid for Ghezzal and are linked with Brahami and Gabbiadini, this suggesting we want another creative player in.

In all fairness Zat the Gabbiadini rumours first surfaced early last week.

This week was never gonna be full of business. As I keep saying, since Monday, who has actually been signed in the Premier League for any team?

Bravo, so far, is about it, and that had been sorted for a week or so anyway...

We're not exactly losing ground on anybody.
aye as i said to zat i didn't expect much this week anyway, but it all feels like the whole thing is dragging out just to all burst out at once on deadline day.

And i wonder why that is the case if we know who we want? I can understand any crazy bids ( lol ) happening last minute but generally bar lucas there has been nothing again. Almost as if every signle club has just been not arsed about it all. Like if we signed begovic, just been a case of waiting for them to do business rather than offering them money.

4 kids there who koeman will be loathe to play.

Mori and McCarthy arent top players.

He played Davies in every game in pre-season. Dowell played in all-but one.

Pennington is out for 3 months injured. Galloway has got loaned out to get game time in the PL, playing under a manager that will improve him defensively.

If they were ready, they'd be playing. We've seen that with Holgate.

How is it optimistic?

We know we want a keeper.
We know we have a bid in for Kone.
We know we are after the right back from Southampton.
We know we want a striker as we just lost a player to Arsenal.
We know we bid for Ghezzal and are linked with Brahami and Gabbiadini, this suggesting we want another creative player in.

Just the natural Evertonian in me mate, dampening down my expectations!

It's a positive that the players who have come in are better than those they're replacing, but it's looking as though Barkley and Lukaku are once again going to be asked to produce more than they're capable of.

I still expect an improvement on 11th, but I think Europe is beyond this group of players.

Saying that, there's obviously still time for us to be surprised. High profile names usually wait until as late as possible before agreeing to make a move that they perceive as a step down.

just been an odd one. I didn't really expect anything but then in hindsight it has still been a bit disappointing all the same.

With the game and the bank holiday now i would imagine we will get nothing now until tuesday news wise.

I cant believe weve sold Stones and not made any big signing (yet)...paying double/triple Bolasies value doesnt count for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.