Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tubey's right to be catious until stuff happens but he's not actually saying we do or don't have money, he's just saying until we spend it I'm not 110% going to believe in us having loads of money.

On that basis, I don't really get how he can be right or wrong as he's not saying we do or don't have money, he's just raising the point that there's no substantiated evidence to prove that we do and saying you could make a case that so far we've been selling to buy, which we have.

By saying that, at this moment in time he's spot on.

Initially I believe Koeman rejected us - so there must have been very hard-nosed negotiations in terms of a guaranteed budget amongst other factors to convince him to join. I want to believe, and do believe that the resources are there, mostly as I'm sick to death of pessimism and negativity surrounding Everton.

If there has been a shift in emphasis to trying to sign more modest targets, then I don't have an issue with that. People say we have a big squad but with respect to several of the players, there is a lot of filler amongst them - Kone, Oviedo, Gibson, Cleverly, Lennon - players who are either past their best, consistently poor or average, injury-prone, or a combination of all three. This is without taking Niasse and McGeady into account who were discarded almost immediately.

I don't agree with the theory that it's the likes of Witsel or bust to improve the squad - it should not be difficult in some cases to acquire players who are sufficiently better than what we already have. If Moshiri had come out and stated Koeman had to deliver the title or top 4 this season, then expectations would be different. He hasn't and the club have to operate within the realities of our current position as they are unfolding.

So, presuming we still have a large amount of cash still in reserve, I would at least like to see us sensibly using that to provide cover in areas where it's needed. There is nothing much we can do if we can't attract our A-List targets but my expectation for the next week or so is that we sign 3 or 4 players to make us as strong as we can feasibly be at this point.
There would be grounds for justifiable criticism in my view if that fails to materialise. But we have more than a week to get more players in and I am still hopeful.

Tubey's right to be catious until stuff happens but he's not actually saying we do or don't have money, he's just saying until we spend it I'm not 110% going to believe in us having loads of money.

On that basis, I don't really get how he can be right or wrong as he's not saying we do or don't have money, he's just raising the point that there's no substantiated evidence to prove that we do and saying you could make a case that so far we've been selling to buy, which we have.

Spot on.

I can't be right or wrong. I'm firmly "I don't know, nobody else knows either" really.

I don't even want marquee signings. I want players who can come in and improve the first XI, and push the likes of Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barry, Jagielka, Coleman, Baines harder for their positions. We need a new long-term goalkeeper, a second striker and a creative midfielder - the latter two an absolute necessity before the deadline. If we can get all three in I'll be absolutely buzzing about our chances this season.

And that's it really, three decent players and we will be set.......

Very little evidence?? In no particular order but..........

Martinez finally sacked and paid off.
Koeman in on £6m p.a (apparently), and Southampton paid compensation.
Walsh in from current League Champions.
Looking like land on the docks already purchased for new stadium.
Club debts cleared.
Squad already stronger than end of last season, and will probably be further added to!
Looks like Lukaku is staying.

No doubt about it there is a lot more to be done but to me the evidence is that after thirty years of treading water this football club is heading once again in the right direction - exciting times ahead me thinks, unfortunately there are some people in this world, including many on here (!), that want it all and want it now!!!!!
Spot on that mate. Anyone moaning should just think of the many seasons we had Nugent as a possible signing or we filled the squad with the likes of Straq, Drenthe and Jo. Even just a few seasons back we were 'Ever loan' now we are loaning a good young prospect to WBA! It's progress, slowly but surely. Rome wasn't built in a day!

Initially I believe Koeman rejected us - so there must have been very hard-nosed negotiations in terms of a guaranteed budget amongst other factors to convince him to join. I want to believe, and do believe that the resources are there, mostly as I'm sick to death of pessimism and negativity surrounding Everton.

If there has been a shift in emphasis to trying to sign more modest targets, then I don't have an issue with that. People say we have a big squad but with respect to several of the players, there is a lot of filler amongst them - Kone, Oviedo, Gibson, Cleverly, Lennon - players who are either past their best, consistently poor or average, injury-prone, or a combination of all three. This is without taking Niasse and McGeady into account who were discarded almost immediately.

I don't agree with the theory that it's the likes of Witsel or bust to improve the squad - it should not be difficult in some cases to acquire players who are sufficiently better than what we already have. If Moshiri had come out and stated Koeman had to deliver the title or top 4 this season, then expecations would be different. He hasn't and the club have to operate within the realities of our current position as they are unfolding.

So, presuming we still have a large amount of cash still in reserve, I would at least like to see us sensibly using that to provide cover in areas where it's needed. There is nothing much we can do if we can't attract our A-List targets but my expectation for the next week or so is that we sign 3 or 4 players to make us as strong as we can feasibly be at this point.
There would be grounds for justifiable criticism in my view if that fails to materialise. But we have more than a week to get more players in and I am still hopeful.

I'm massively underwhelmed.

Stek -- Average at best since he joined Roma. Hes had two good games for us but no clean sheets....he could be poor for the rest of the season....who knows?

Bolasie -- Ridiculously overpriced. I cant see him ever justifying the fee.

Williams -- Potentially an amazing short term buy. Massively weakena swansea but such short termism.

Gueye -- Has looked very good in two games. I mentioned his stats months ago but this is still an underwhelming signing from Villa if we do have oceans of cash.

I think we need to sign a GK, CB, CM,CF all for the first eleven at least in quality.

At least one of them should be someone were "punching above our weight" to sign.

I am happy. Things are good. We can't rid ourselves of 30 years of stagnation in one transfer window. We are progressing. It might just take a couple of seasons of reflection to realise this. In two years we will look back and see this was the summer things started to get better

I don't agree with the theory that it's the likes of Witsel or bust to improve the squad - it should not be difficult in some cases to acquire players who are sufficiently better than what we already have. If Moshiri had come out and stated Koeman had to deliver the title or top 4 this season, then expecations would be different. He hasn't and the club have to operate within the realities of our current position as they are unfolding.

Good, common sense post mate, amongst the bedwetting dross we usually have to put up with.

Well with respect, even a basic understanding of the club's finances regardless of any money Moshiri has additionally made available would tell you money has been available throughout the summer.

The early bids for Witsel and Mata, with Witsel in particular agreed other than signed at one stage, necessitated the resources to complete the deal had he signed - that demonstrated the funds were there.

With bids for Koulibaly and Carvalho out there as well at the time, there's no way we would have been attempting such acquisitions without the resources to cover the deals.

With all due respect there has been nothing official that we actually made bids for any of these 4 players, you can't tell me if we had actually put a bid in then the press wouldn't have got wind of it?

Stek -- Average at best since he joined Roma. Hes had two good games for us but no clean sheets....he could be poor for the rest of the season....who knows?

Williams -- Potentially an amazing short term buy. Massively weakena swansea but such short termism.

Gueye -- Has looked very good in two games. I mentioned his stats months ago but this is still an underwhelming signing from Villa if we do have oceans of cash.

I think we need to sign a GK, CB, CM,CF all for the first eleven at least in quality.

At least one of them should be someone were "punching above our weight" to sign.
stopped reading right here

With respect it is you that is making assumptions, assumptions that reported activities did not take place.

As I said in my earlier post, an understanding of Everton's finances would tell you what we had available, that armed with additional knowledge from various sources, plus our early transfer activity gives no doubt as to whether the funds were available or not.

With all due respect there has been nothing official that we actually made bids for any of these 4 players, you can't tell me if we had actually put a bid in then the press wouldn't have got wind of it?

OHHHHHHH!

tumblr_mu8rfaLf7g1rioo2yo1_400.gif

good job you aren't a Leicester fan.

MASSIVELY UNDERWHELMED BY THIS KANTE SIGNING! WHO IS HE? WE SHOULD BE BUYING BETTER THAN THAT. RANIERI IS A CRAP MANAGER, I AM VERY UNDERWHELMED BY THIS APPOINTMENT.

so is that all the signings bar one and the manager you don't rate now?

Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.