Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little evidence?? In no particular order but..........

Martinez finally sacked and paid off.
Koeman in on £6m p.a (apparently), and Southampton paid compensation.
Walsh in from current League Champions.
Looking like land on the docks already purchased for new stadium.
Club debts cleared.
Squad already stronger than end of last season, and will probably be further added to!
Looks like Lukaku is staying.

No doubt about it there is a lot more to be done but to me the evidence is that after thirty years of treading water this football club is heading once again in the right direction - exciting times ahead me thinks, unfortunately there are some people in this world, including many on here (!), that want it all and want it now!!!!!

That bold bit is exactly what I'm cautioning against!!!

You're coming to it from a different angle; I'm coming at it from a transfer angle. The stadium stuff, as always for me, is irrelevant until the paperwork is signed for it, then the biggest possible deal for the club once it is - until then, I place no substance on it.

As for Walsh/Koeman, as said it is a positive first step and a show of ambition (particularly the bullying of domestic rivals to get them), but it isn't enough for me to allay fears, because they are relatively speaking dealing with buttons rather than the tens of millions in order to bring them in.

All I want to see is proof we can bring decent players in without having to sell to buy. Once I see that, all lingering fears about Moshiri will be dispelled for me.

Can you answer me this? Why could we suddenly spend almost £30m on Bolasie and £12m on Williams once Stones had gone, but couldn't pull the trigger on a major transfer beforehand? Doesn't that raise the slightest doubt in your mind about where we are financially?

Because it does for me. Doubts, not "Moshiri is a fraud WAH" levels of doubt, but doubt nevertheless.

What is the shocking crime of having a bit of caution as to what's going on, given what we have seen with a completely wasted July and the transfer window rapidly coming to an end?

Looking at the needs of the squad and the positions that need filling still (GK, right back, centre back, midfielder and forward), surely the fact that the club spent so much on Williams and Bolasie is reassurance that there is money to be spent on the other gaps in the squad? Otherwise cheaper targets would have been chased in order to fill up all these positions with the money raised by selling Stones, instead of spending so much on Bolasie and Williams.

That terrible realisation when you find yourself scrolling past @Tubey 's posts because you know he's going to be spot on.

It's like saying 'The Earth is round' over and over again and still people disagree.

Time is ticking and we need 3 players. If we win tonight and on Saturday and get in some quality signings we will be set up for a right tilt at it this season.

That's why I'm frustrated. There's the chance to really make our mark here but as of today, 23 August, we still sit with a negative net spend.

In short, for once everton get it right come next Wednesday and don't make it another in the our long list of tales of regret.

SO MUCH TIME LEFT.

We WILL bring in players. We can't force them and we want quality that WANTS to be here. We don't have the attraction yet for the 'big names'

Growth mindset and patience.

I don't even want marquee signings. I want players who can come in and improve the first XI, and push the likes of Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barry, Jagielka, Coleman, Baines harder for their positions. We need a new long-term goalkeeper, a second striker and a creative midfielder - the latter two an absolute necessity before the deadline. If we can get all three in I'll be absolutely buzzing about our chances this season.

I just answered your question - I bring it up now, because the point is as relevant now as it is tomorrow, the day after, or September 1st. Until we spend money, we shouldn't expect to spend money. Until we do, all these rumours of Carvalho, Witsel, Brahimi, Koudibaly, Ghezzal and umpteens of others are basically nothing. Yeah, we can discuss them, but I find it ludicrous that those who have a bit of scepticism about these all being illusionary are villified on here when there's absolutely nothing to suggest anything to the contrary.

This is going to be one of those Lukaku things with me, I just know it now, because people aren't reading what I'm saying - here it is, crystal clear: I'm not saying Moshiri won't spend money this window, but until he actually does, then people shouldn't expect it to happen, because there's no evidence he has the capability or willingness to do so at this moment in time. That's why I'm disagreeing strongly with Esk that we should all be so confident in the money beginning to flow, because we have nothing - literally nothing - to come to that conclusion with.

I dont think you get it. What purpose does it serve to bring it up now, instead of 8 days from now? What does it accomplish? What is the goal? Are you here to save us all from disappointment, so you are a one man army bent on convincing us to be careful lest we get disappointed? Why, when you even admit that "people aren't reading what I'm saying", do you keep saying it? Its one thing to say something once or twice, but to do it over and over and over again, ignoring the wishes of everyone reading it is different. Again, what does it accomplish?

Very little evidence?? In no particular order but..........

Martinez finally sacked and paid off.
Koeman in on £6m p.a (apparently), and Southampton paid compensation.
Walsh in from current League Champions.
Looking like land on the docks already purchased for new stadium.
Club debts cleared.
Squad already stronger than end of last season, and will probably be further added to!
Looks like Lukaku is staying.

No doubt about it there is a lot more to be done but to me the evidence is that after thirty years of treading water this football club is heading once again in the right direction - exciting times ahead me thinks, unfortunately there are some people in this world, including many on here (!), that want it all and want it now!!!!!

A lot of 'looks like', 'probably's' and 'looking like' and very little actual evidence there though isn't it.

No actually, I'm saying, outright, that we, the fans, all of us, know nothing about Everton's finances. Because of that, we should use our bloody brains and acknowledge we know nothing, so wait before blindly making assumptions until we know something.

I'm not saying you're wrong if you believe Moshiri will suddenly make it rain and we'll blow £150m on transfer deadline day or whatever, but what I'm saying is that, in my view, it's silly to expect that to happen, because you are coming to that conclusion based on nothing.

It's now 23 August and to all extents and purposes we've barely spent a penny in a season with a record TV deal. With that in mind, I'll refer to my original point - Moshiri hasn't spent anything yet. Just saying.

Some of us are using our brains and choosing to be open minded about Moshiri's plans for the future. We don't all automatically discount things due to lack of evidence in black and white. And for the record, I'm not expecting us to spend £150M or whatever by the end of the window or I'm going to fume. I'm expecting to see progress - and so far with the new manager, DoF, a couple of good signings and the land purchase by the docks - I am seeing just that.

As for the spending you refer to - just explain how you spend vast sums of money on the top players when these top players do not want to sign for us? With the new staff, players, Goodison refurb and the docks land purchase you cannot say "Moshiri hasn't spent anything yet".

Looking at the needs of the squad and the positions that need filling still (GK, right back, centre back, midfielder and forward), surely the fact that the club spent so much on Williams and Bolasie is reassurance that there is money to be spent on the other gaps in the squad? Otherwise cheaper targets would have been chased in order to fill up all these positions with the money raised by selling Stones, instead of spending so much on Bolasie and Williams.

Not really. When we've sold big under Kenwright (such as Fellaini), we replaced fairly big too (McCarthy).

I dont think you get it. What purpose does it serve to bring it up now, instead of 8 days from now? What does it accomplish? What is the goal? Are you here to save us all from disappointment, so you are a one man army bent on convincing us to be careful lest we get disappointed? Why, when you even admit that "people aren't reading what I'm saying", do you keep saying it? Its one thing to say something once or twice, but to do it over and over and over again, ignoring the wishes of everyone reading it is different. Again, what does it accomplish?

So... you want me to basically be Captain Hindsight, rather than say what's on my mind now?

Why? I mean seriously, what would be the point in saying "we should have done this!" after the event?

Also, I say it over and over again because people reply and willfully misinterpret what I've said, so as @Zatara said, it ends up with me explaining that the earth is round over and over again, because people keep insisting I'm saying it's flat.

That terrible realisation when you find yourself scrolling past @Tubey 's posts because you know he's going to be spot on.

It's like saying 'The Earth is round' over and over again and still people disagree.

Tubey's right to be catious until stuff happens but he's not actually saying we do or don't have money, he's just saying until we spend it I'm not 110% going to believe in us having loads of money.

On that basis, I don't really get how he can be right or wrong as he's not saying we do or don't have money, he's just raising the point that there's no substantiated evidence to prove that we do and saying you could make a case that so far we've been selling to buy, which we have.

So... you want me to basically be Captain Hindsight, rather than say what's on my mind now?

Why? I mean seriously, what would be the point in saying "we should have done this!" after the event?

Also, I say it over and over again because people reply and willfully misinterpret what I've said, so as @Zatara said, it ends up with me explaining that the earth is round over and over again, because people keep insisting I'm saying it's flat.

I read this one as you tagged me in...

My advice is not to bother mate. Or alternatively just copy and paste your posts so finally they understand.

Or send subliminal messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.