Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we need a box to box midfielder and a creative midfielder to rotate with Barkley. Cant see us signing 2 CM's though unless Gibson/McCarthy/Cleverley leave.

I still think we need a box to box midfielder and a creative midfielder to rotate with Barkley. Cant see us signing 2 CM's though unless Gibson/McCarthy/Cleverley leave.

Doubt Cleverley is a Koeman player at all. I do agree I want a CM or an attacking midfielder

I cannot help but think the next week and a half is going to be crazy. We all obviously and rightfully talk about incoming's I still think we've got a lot of fat that needs to be trimed. Niasse and McGeady have clearly been told that they're no longer required at the club, however we need to actually find clubs that want them. I won't even call them first team players but McAleny & Leandro Rodriguez will also be moved on, hoping we can just find them new clubs.

What happens to James McCarthy will interest me greatly, I actually think he's a quite good footballer and would make a very good back up option. He's very similar to Gueye, Barry & Besic (even though he's injured) we don't want an abundance of player who are all very similar. I hope we're planning to improve our midfield and bring in another option, preferably a box to box styled midfielder. There's no point holding him if someone else comes in, I don't see why we couldn't get 15m for him. He'd do a role at most Premier League clubs.

The position of multiple players will surely depend on potential incoming's, If we sign Ghezzal then I don't see a spot in the squad for Lennon. It's hard to see the need for Kone if a new striker comes in, If Hart signs surely Joel won't be our third choice keeper. I also feel Shani Tarashaj and Brendan Galloway should go out on loan it'd be far better for the kids development to get a full season of first team football under their belts than the odd cup game here, still hoping Galloway goes to Newcastle. I've got no idea what level Tarashaj would be best suited to now if it is to the Championship we wouldn't need to rush a loan deal and can wait to see if our targets come in first.

I won't include any loan deals or Connor Mac/Leandro but we could realistically be looking at 3-6 players leaving the club and I feel we still need a GK, CB, striker, CM and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ghezzal winger/CAM type come in. With the window open for just ten more days, on average we'd basically be needing a player to come in/out each day between now and the closure of the window, that's a big ask.

He's staying at zenit mate. So he's swerved our contract offer!

I don't think he will stay at Zenit, I reckon he will move somewhere later in the window. Why would they keep him and lose next season for nothing where a) he wants to leave and b) he can be sold for a nice profit. Not saying we need him per se, but I cannot see him staying there. If him leaving means they get 20-30M and need to replace with a new player or two maybe he will leave next week?

Hart
Coleman Kone Williams Baines
Witsel Barkley
Bolasie Mata Mirallas
Lukaku

Stekelberg
Holgate Jagielka Mori Oviedo
McCarthy Barry Gueye
Deulofeu Ghezzal
Bony

Robles, kenny, galloway, Garbutt, Besic, Gibson, Cleverley, Davies, Dowell, McGeady, Tarashaj, Niasse, Kone

is rice.

May have to sell some players, ha. I.e. the ones in bold

Here's something i find really really strange, When Everton win and the same weekend Liverppol get embaressed, some posters on here either go missing compltetely or there post count trickles away to almost nothing, yet same posters seem to be out in force if we get a bad result or the rs have a good one.

Most strange really, can't fathom the reason at all
Don't worry, they will be back if something bad happens to Everton or something good to Liverpool.
Before joining this forum we should probably all be asked to state publicly our love of Everton and absolute dislike of Liverpool.
That would sort out a few.

Hart
Witsel Barkley
Bolasie Mata Mirallas
Lukaku

Stekelberg
McCarthy Barry Gueye
Deulofeu Ghezzal
Bony

Robles, kenny, galloway, Garbutt, Besic, Gibson, Cleverley, Davies, Dowell, McGeady, Tarashaj, Niasse, Kone

is rice.

You've not bolded McCarthy there mate

Hart
Witsel Barkley
Bolasie Mata Mirallas
Lukaku

Stekelberg
McCarthy Barry Gueye
Deulofeu Ghezzal
Bony

is rice.

No chance lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.