Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys what if koeman decides he doesnt need a backup striker because he already has one in mirallas

so the team may be

------------------Stekelenburg / Hart-------------------

Coleman---Williams----Jagielka/Mori---------Baines

-----------------------Gueye------------------------------

Deulofeu-----------------------------------------Bolasie

----------------------Barkley----------------------------

-----------------Mirallas------Lukaku---------------------

guys what if koeman decides he doesnt need a backup striker because he already has one in mirallas

so the team may be

LOL, nice midfield mert.

Ashley Williams is not a short term fix. Koeman / Walsh deliberately targeted a defender who could bring in much needed experience and leadership to our set-up, with a number of senior players having left this summer. I predict Williams will be an essential part of our squad the next 2-3 years, after that, who knows.

Bolasie's price is spare change from the Stones deal. The question is, will he add something to what we've already got ? He fills a gap on our left hand side. He's good enough, he has delivered at times, though not as consistently as maybe he should. So let's give the lad a fair chance.
What?

Bolases' price is more than half of the funds we received for selling Stones (remember the sell-on clause that saw Barnsley get £7m of the £47m fee?). He's not an upgrade on Mirallas, if you compare their respective goalscoring and assist stats when playing on the left. I'm happy to give him a fair chance but at the moment I view him as a purchase that doesn't make a lot of sense - we have bigger needs elsewhere, and the fee is eye-watering.

I like the MOSH comments.

If they are MOSH comments of course.

It's just the Bill Kenwright pushing things bit that kinda....well....y'know....

Everton's billionaire owner Farhad Moshiri has also spoken, and he says that although the signing of Bolasie is another step in the right direction, fans can expect more transfers to be made.

"We are very pleased about today's signing [Bolasie] but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad," he said.

"The chairman Bill Kenwright is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, for [director of football] Steve Walsh and for Ronald Koeman." SKY
Yea nice to hear him try and reassure the fans.

so the team may be

You know what, I could live with that lineup in a fair few games.

Be interesting to see what Koeman does on Saturday, given we're likely to have more of the ball.

Holgate did well Saturday but I can see him dropping out to the bench if Williams is fit as he brings a bit more presence and we'll need that vs WBA, especially from set-pieces, and I think we'll stick with a back three just to make sure we retain that solidity in open play.

If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see whether it's McCarthy he utilises in the right wing-back position, or Lennon - as with Jags, Williams and Mori at the back I think we'd be pretty sound defensively, and Lennon offers more going forward than McCarthy.

Something like

Stekelenburg

Jagielka
Williams
Mori

Lennon
Gueye
Barry
Baines

Barkley

Del
Rom

With options like Bolasie and Mirallas on the bench if we need to chase the game, and McCarthy if we need to sure it up.

Alternatively, he may well just stick with the same team, or use a different system all together.
We cant't play 5 at the back and 2 defensive mids against the minows.

Rather than flapping about the price. Look at the Bolasie deal this way.

We wanted him, we paid what it took to get him here. No re negotiation, no payment over 10 years stuff that the former delegation used to love doing.

Just went out and secured a transfer for a player that the manager wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.