Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a few days ago I was getting myself a bit worked up but I've chilled for some reason, and it's not because I'm doing backflips over Gueye and Williams.

We're doing this properly, it seems. Not some flash in the pan paste over job, but a considered and patient rebuild. Can't be a bad thing.

i think people just expect us to lose rom & stones and we have no replacements lined up ( maybe Williams with stones )... for me it's just the fact all summer all we've heard is biggest transfer chest in our history and so far we haven't signed anyone and the one player closest to signing is a pleb just been relegated in a position we don't really need. should have went all out to sign a new GK as that's the one position we actually do desperately need

Christ.

So Del, who has never been more of a bit part player in any top league is already considerably better than a player two seasons from scoring double digits from the wing in a team completely bereft of attacking threat.

Mirallas is a hot and cold solid winger. Del could be a transcendent player. But let's not act like Del has already surpassed Kev's accompishments off the back of a decent preseason and a lot of potential.

Feel bad for Kev. Absolutely a victim of Martinez, and his relationship with the fans is seriously damaged from it.

Exactly, watch Mirallas thrive now that Martinez has been swerved.

An absolute joke this club is turning out to be, with new so called investment and a war chest of 100mill we are sweating over a 10 mill deal for a 32 year old defender with 11 days to go before the start of the new season FFS Everton at its best.

Heads are falling off here.

Last season many were touting our squad as being the 'best of a generation', but now they're all suddenly jarg?

Get real people. It's not as if we're desperate for signings, with a manager like Koeman I can easily see many of our prized assets performing to the level we all know is capable of them.
Maybe we are not desperate for signings in the positions quoted but our defence needs sorting before the 1st game.
Howard gone, Stones could go, Jags injured. So last seasons best squad in a generation suddenly has no defence, I think that is a reason for heads to at least loosen a little.

not at all. I'm not sure how many times people have to say mate but we do have money, enough to go out and agree the fee with Zenit for Witsel and offer him terms that blew most other offers out of the water, same with Carvalho. The reason those deals haven't been completed yet is due to the players themselves seemingly not being completely sold (or rather, are hedging their bets in order to cover themselves should a CL team come calling) on the 'project' of a side that has been tosh for two years and largely considered 'overachieving' on a financial scale for a decade before that.

The only thing that hinges on a major asset being sold will be the wages we can pay, but that doesn't mean Stones has to be sold before we sign players.

Of course, that doesn't stop people putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5.

The thing is, this is based on total conjecture and absolutely nothing else. You've based this belief on the mad ramblings of a random forum user offering no substance to his meandering mind.

There is not a single scrap of evidence to suggest that anything he says has any basis in reality whatsoever.

The thing is, this is based on total conjecture and absolutely nothing else. You've based this belief on the mad ramblings of a random forum user offering no substance to his meandering mind.

There is not a single scrap of evidence to suggest that anything he says has any basis in reality whatsoever.

Okay mate :D

There's definitely been no reports in the Italian or Russian media that we have been in for Witsel, and agreed a fee, and have the upper hand.

And there's definitely been no reported interest or bids in Carvalho either...

There's been no 'mad ramblings'. It's common sense.

But that wouldn't appeal to you would it?

The same can be applied to the opposite of this opinion - i.e. "Same old Everton", "Nothing has changed" etc. Where's the evidence to back this up? :coffee:

Only Hull has worst transfer window than us. Sometimes I think Evertons main objective in this transfer window is ruining supporters mental state...

Status
Not open for further replies.