Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you honestly think if we sold Stones for £40m we'd replace with £40m worth of 3 players? We will spend but even if for some bizarre reason we're stringent there are still bargains to be had. Marc Bartra as an example went to Dortmund for €8m.

the thing is the person in charge of these bargains has only just been appointed and the only players he is aware of is for his old club. So you would imagine him walking into a new job he can't just magic up a list of new players who are exactly what koeman needs , and koeman won't know the ins and outs of deals, and can only give names he wants.

Me saying the 40 million on 3 players is essentially what we are used to. All these promises and bids and rumours then we end up selling to buy. Have things changed? Possibly yes, we may sign loads of players and spent 150 million this summer. But is it too hard to even consider that despite all of the above, that we may miss out on targets and just not spend the money on random players? Sell to buy essentially on the face of it? Perhaps it is just saving the money for the future when the team can be built more effectively but on the face of it, we sell one player and sign 3.

The more things change the more they stay the same mate. Remember we were the same club who were highly succesful and rich when joining the premier league and yet ended up poor and even nearly down more than once.

It's a very real possibility as things stand.

Every other PL club around us are signing players to strengthen their squads whilst we wait for Witsel to go to Juventus and Mata to stay at Man Utd.

Loaded my backside - this isn't how clubs who are cash rich behave; see Man City, Chelsea and PSG.

No cos them sort of clubs spend for the sake of spending, even if they don't always need the players they buy. I'd rather we be sensible with transfer funds rather than say giving 10s of millions every season to Southampton and Newcastle for their overpriced players like a certain club close to us

the thing is the person in charge of these bargains has only just been appointed and the only players he is aware of is for his old club. So you would imagine him walking into a new job he can't just magic up a list of new players who are exactly what koeman needs , and koeman won't know the ins and outs of deals, and can only give names he wants.

Me saying the 40 million on 3 players is essentially what we are used to. All these promises and bids and rumours then we end up selling to buy. Have things changed? Possibly yes, we may sign loads of players and spent 150 million this summer. But is it too hard to even consider that despite all of the above, that we may miss out on targets and just not spend the money on random players? Sell to buy essentially on the face of it? Perhaps it is just saving the money for the future when the team can be built more effectively but on the face of it, we sell one player and sign 3.

The more things change the more they stay the same mate. Remember we were the same club who were highly succesful and rich when joining the premier league and yet ended up poor and even nearly down more than once.

If we bid and fail for these big players, Stones leaves, then we get in some McGeady type players, how are we sell to buy? If we try and don't succeed then fair enough, doesn't mean we're not trying to spend loads.

I think we could all just do with a little bit of remembering that as someone has mentioned before this is an Evolution not a Revolution.

There is no way it can all happen overnight, no matter how much we all want it too.

There is a sad reality that we were left to rot and bimble along for way too long - but that is changing. Its great that we are being linked with some of the players that we are - if they don't come, whoopee doo! move onto the next one.

No need to be getting all bent out of shape about this!

Well he's already lambasting Koeman as 'not being able to sign players' mate, for one...

I'm really not tho. I don't think it's Koeman at all. I reckon it's due to the infrastructure at Everton that's been stagnating for a long time. Doubtless, that's all changing now with the appointment of better business people into the club.

But knowing that I'm still worried about how this transfer window is panning out.

The guy you're discrediting said that we were signing Tarashaj on the 3rd of January, which was four days before it was confirmed and a day before papers started running with it. It was out of the blue.

You're being unfair.

That's fine, I didn't have that info and was going on that post, which looked as typical nonsense as you'd ever be likely to find from a supposed ITK.

If he did the above, fair play.

I'm really not tho. I don't think it's Koeman at all. I reckon it's due to the infrastructure at Everton that's been stagnating for a long time. Doubtless, that's all changing now with the appointment of better business people into the club.

But knowing that I'm still worried about how this transfer window is panning out.

So far...

IN

Stekelenburg

OUT

Osman, Hibbert, Howard, Pienarr

God mate, were you around here in 2011? Now that one was bad!

Man City have already signed Gundogen and their fans have evidence that their owners have spent big on quality players in recent history.

We have absolutely no evidence that this Moshiri fellow is going to spend anything.
You've no evidence that he won't....we will only know come the end if the transfer window and, beyond, over the next few years. He's been quick enough to spend cash on removing Martinez, bringing Koeman in on a healthy contract and Walsh from Leicester. The names we are linked with suggest higher valuable targets than we've been linked with from recent memory and yet you are constantly wetting the bed as we haven't signed anyone a month after we appointed Koeman and a month before the end of the transfer window. I think I'll reserve judgement until August 31st.

So far...

IN

Stekelenburg

OUT

Osman, Hibbert, Howard, Pienarr

God mate, were you around here in 2011? Now that one was bad!

The Martinez reign has ruined it really - we were once a patient bunch and because we had 4 in last summer 2 weeks 2 hours and 54 seconds after the transfer window we want all the signings now.

realistically, its frustrating to wait, but we will sign players - this isn't the same as when we didn't sign anyone... at all.

If we bid and fail for these big players, Stones leaves, then we get in some McGeady type players, how are we sell to buy? If we try and don't succeed then fair enough, doesn't mean we're not trying to spend loads.

but signing MCgeadys is failing before we begin. there is a reason why there has always been a gap between 4th and 5th, it is usually the quality of player. When push comes to shove it is usually the better level of player that makes the difference over 38 games, only broken this season just gone.

Right now, unless walsh has some absolute gems hidden away he failed to mention to his former employers then we literally have nothing to go with but players and price tags. So this is why we need to put the money down now rather than looking to cheaply get through the window on bargains. At the end of the day the teams above us aren't bargain shopping so why should we?

Come next season if we are shopping in the hungarian league or whatever then least we know there is a chance we are getting a player that will be a massive suprise ala kante. That is when Walsh effect should kick in and then over 3-4 years we will see a massive change in quality in the squad as a whole.

Can't believe nobody (other than HSV) took a punt on Filip Kostic - cracking player performed week in Week Out for relegated team in Stuttgart unlike Wijnaldum and Sissoko he was genuinely brilliant.

With all the names and money being mentioned I feel frustrated as until we sign one of the bigger names there is always the nagging 'watch this space' we had with Kenright and we end up with nothing.
As many have mentioned before once the first signs a lot of the fume and frustration will have gone, it just seems to be taking a little time and we are all wondering if we are shopping at Harrods or Poundland.

No cos them sort of clubs spend for the sake of spending, even if they don't always need the players they buy. I'd rather we be sensible with transfer funds rather than say giving 10s of millions every season to Southampton and Newcastle for their overpriced players like a certain club close to us

Id rather we signed people full stop. Stop making excuses it has been a disaster of a window so far.

Can pick up pace obviously and I am not ruling out some good signings but up until now it has been a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.