Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRD1878's post on TEF:

Mr Koeman spoke to a number of people on Friday and gave away some interesting things.

He believes he has inherited the most unbalanced squad ever and says it's all left backs and right wingers.
He says the squad lacks height and physicality.
He doesn't want to play tippy tappy football, he says why have his defenders play the ball left, right, left, right back to the keeper and launch, when the keeper can do that.
He wants domineering defenders. When asked about who he is targeting he hinted that the guys already knew. He hinted at going back to Southampton for a defender, but the word is that it will be Fonte rather than Van Dijk.

Niasse has been told he can go.

Signing wise, he said to expect a big name signing in 2 days. So assuming he means today or tomorrow, if you take out the weekend. I should know more on Carvalho over the next couple of days.

As has already been mentioned all over the papers, Stones has said he wants to leave and Koeman has been planning for life without him.

So looking at what he has said, I think we can expect some taller more physical beasts to come in and some more direct football. They will still be told to play football, but the plan will be to hit the strikers quicker. He wants his strikers to press the centrebacks.

They seem to think he's ITK on there.

Sounds right. Only that Martinez hypnotised himself and pretended everything was ok and we were on the up despite we didn't do practicing in setpiece. The fraud. Still fuming even he is gone. How much money he is gonna to rip this football club off soon...

Last edited:
Why does he need to chill out mate? he is concerned that they have not signed a single outfield player for a team that finished below mid table. Not like they haven't had time to sort anything out is it? it's not like he is running round attacking defenceless animals or anything is it?

I still have faith that something will happen this week to remedy that, but it's beginning to look a little bit familiar this to some people.

Well he's already lambasting Koeman as 'not being able to sign players' mate, for one...

I don't think they tell 'radomers' what they do is sound out local/trusted journalist etc after press conferences off the record to keep them on side. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

When the time is right, ie done, these radomers will break these stories first.

Yeah, they are called embargoed press releases mate, not to be broken before a set date and time - not clandestine meetings.

Think he has close connections to either somebody at the club or like the other lad said, Certain 'journalists'. Lets not to forget he's leaked stuff before the press had a sniff of it.

Well, believe it if you want. I'm just saying that it doesn't work that way - if journalists are informed of something, they're told details they can report on, not weird vague standard Twitter ITK nonsense.

As said before, I work with inside info and embargoes every day. I know something that won't become public knowledge for at least a week now - it doesn't work the way that person has described, not even close.

well if you're that happy to give up on our number one targets then i'm happy you're not in charge of negotiations. Even if we don't sign anyone now until transfer deadline day, but land 5 superstars on that day i'd be happy. People are so fixated on the here and now and aren't looking forward to the bigger picture and our future. Whats the point in getting poorer players in just for the MK Dons game, instead of waiting until the last minute for our number 1 targets? We'll have backup options and if we have to pay a bit more over the odds to get it over the line quickly, then so be it. We have the money to do that, people just need to bloody chill. They'll be playing pre-season games with half of our youth team who they won't be playing with week in week out anyway, so it's not as if they'd all perfectly slot in for the first game anyway.

I'm glad that nobody is in charge from here in all honesty. Who said anything sbout the MK Dons game? I'm just concerned that with more going out than coming in we could be left short by the time the season comes around. Right now most of this stuff is just hype based our new owner, not created by us but by the dasterdly media. I'm still very happy with whats happening at the club and think we have an exciting future ahead. I have experienced Everton success in the form of league championships and trophies but many haven't, it would be great for them.

WRD1878's post on TEF:

Mr Koeman spoke to a number of people on Friday and gave away some interesting things.

He believes he has inherited the most unbalanced squad ever and says it's all left backs and right wingers.
He doesn't want to play tippy tappy football, he says why have his defenders play the ball left, right, left, right back to the keeper and launch, when the keeper can do that.
He wants domineering defenders. When asked about who he is targeting he hinted that the guys already knew. He hinted at going back to Southampton for a defender, but the word is that it will be Fonte rather than Van Dijk.

Signing wise, he said to expect a big name signing in 2 days. So assuming he means today or tomorrow, if you take out the weekend. I should know more on Carvalho over the next couple of days.

As has already been mentioned all over the papers, Stones has said he wants to leave and Koeman has been planning for life without him.

So looking at what he has said, I think we can expect some taller more physical beasts to come in and some more direct football. They will still be told to play football, but the plan will be to hit the strikers quicker. He wants his strikers to press the centrebacks.

Correct

WRD1878's post on TEF:

That's probably because he is.

Gets on stuff way before anyone gets a sniff of it.

WRD1878's post on TEF:

He is spot on, WRD1878.

I don't think they tell 'radomers' what they do is sound out local/trusted journalist etc after press conferences off the record to keep them on side. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

When the time is right, ie done, these radomers will break these stories first.

this is exactly right.

i'm not breaking any confidentiality now, and skipping over to another sport, but early last year (March 9th, to be exact, as it was my birthday), I attended the Yorkshire CCC press open day for the company I was training for at that time. After my interviews me and a few other trainees were sat transcribing while Gillespie was in the corner being interviewed. He would only take questions about the Yorkshire team, as at that time he was being heavily linked with the vacant England coach role.

After the interview, he immediately started talking 'off the record' confirming with two local Yorkshire Post journos and one from I believe the 'Cricketer' (something along those lines) that he had been contacted by the ECB for an interview, but didn't feel he would get the job.

It happens a lot, especially in sport.

Transferring that to this scenario, it's equally as likely I would imagine that Koeman/the EFC press officers will be doing something very similar, so it makes perfect sense.

Yeah, they are called embargoed press releases mate, not to be broken before a set date and time - not clandestine meetings.

Well no they aren't actually always though are they, as you know?

Embargoed pressers take place all the time and are set by the press staff at the club/organisation. All the journos present at the presser have access to it.

Completely different scenarios.

Well, believe it if you want. I'm just saying that it doesn't work that way - if journalists are informed of something, they're told details they can report on, not weird vague standard Twitter ITK nonsense.

As said before, I work with inside info and embargoes every day. I know something that won't become public knowledge for at least a week now - it doesn't work the way that person has described, not even close.
He could work for the club or know somebody close for all we know. Lets just say he knows his stuff before it's out in the press. He's certainly no random that spouts on Twitter.

http://www.turkish-football.com/eve...saray-transfer-following-senegal-fa-comments/

Everton striker Oumar Niasse is currently in talks with Galatasaray over joining the Istanbul giants on a one-year loan over the summer according to Sabah.

Per the source, Senegal FA president Augustin Senghor was speaking to reporters about Niasse’e charitable efforts and contributions to the football federation when he said he hopes the Everton striker is successful in Turkey next season.

Fotomac meanwhile report that Galatasaray want to loan Niasse and have a £5 million buyout clause option included in his deal.

Everton are however, reported to be reluctant in accepting a low buyout clause considering he was signed for £13.5 million from Lokomotiv Moscow.

Niasse is no stranger to playing in Turkey having first made a name for himself at Akhisar under the stewardship of Hama Hamzaoglu.

The Senegal international also has a Turkish agent and was linked with a move to Galatasaray before leaving Turkey for the Russian league.

Pls

Fantastic news about abolishing the passing it across the defence for ages thing, that was absolutely rubbish.

Sounds promising for Carvalho that too, seems to fit the bill for what Koeman wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.