Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always get fed the same lines every January window...it's a bad time to buy players, they need the summer to settle, prices are inflated etc etc. No significant business will be done there.

Why the heck we haven't bought anybody yet is mind boggling no matter what the transfer apologists on here say. Can't get my head around it. I know there's been big change staff wise but we're three weeks away from the first game. Next week we've got 4 friendlies so will be busy with that, so that's next weeks excuse boxed off.

We're playing with fire. Things get desperate towards the end and you end up bringing in a Niasse.

Erm we've got four friendlies yes. But we've now got a DoF so Koeman no longer needs to worry about transfers

Many said that this was 'OUR BEST SQUAD SINCE THE 80s' and that the manager was a huge reason as to why we finished 11th. Well, we have a superior manager and no players have left so why the rush and panic to spunk money from those who a few months back declared this a wonderful squad.

It was not our best squad since the 1980s.

Osman, Hibbert, Howard, Pienaar, all experienced squad members, have left. The squad is woefully weak at present, we need at least three first teamers immediately, or we'll struggle.

Watched "I believe in miracles" last night the story of Forest success under Clough . I know times have changed but what hit me about the film was how many players went from 2nd division to European champions & the only reason was great management so buying players for the hell of it is not always right . We now have Koeman & a great squad . Also Peter Taypr was the Steve Walsh of his day .... Well worth watching by the way !

Watched "I believe in miracles" last night the story of Forest success under Clough . I know times have changed but what hit me about the film was how many players went from 2nd division to European champions & the only reason was great management so buying players for the hell of it is not always right . We now have Koeman & a great squad . Also Peter Taypr was the Steve Walsh of his day .... Well worth watching by the way !
Closest you get to that sadly is Leiscter this season mate.

That team bar the 4 or 5 outstanding players were championship ones that had the season of their lives

It was not our best squad since the 1980s.

Osman, Hibbert, Howard, Pienaar, all experienced squad members, have left. The squad is woefully weak at present, we need at least three first teamers immediately, or we'll struggle.

I agree with you mate, but thats your opinion.

Many had the opinion or view that the squad we have was the best since the 80s, and the majority of those people are the ones screaming for signings.

Anybody could see we massively under performed last season. With a proper manager we have now, I've no doubt that the current squad should be aiming for a top 8 finish. With a new GK (Leno) CM(witsel) CH (koulibaly) 'no.10' (mata or sigurdson) and back up striker (haller ) I'm confident we will contest top 6, even top 4 places.

https://goo.gl/images/BTZNU3

This guy?

True but you'd buy the best you can, not a "back up"

As a delivery driver, all this negativity around a 'back up' is giving me an inferiority complex and undermining my skill set.

Can you please use the term 'replacement' or 'alternate' instead?

11169719_800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.