Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you have said prior to this season that Leicester where only a couple of signings away from being champions
Or that United had a squad capable of top 4 (which they almost did)
Or that West Ham where only 1/2 signings away from being a top 4 side - which for Payets injury against us they could easily have gotten

Sometimes it only takes 1 or 2 players added to a team that can lift all those around them mate

Payet is the obvious example, he has made a bang average set of player saround him look 50% better than they are
same with Kante - that entire team has improved massively due to his prescene their

We laugh at the koppites going on about their missing piece of the jigsaw continually, but for a lot of teams they are only 1 or 2 signiogns away from being a genuine chance at top 4 - now the key is to find those signigns - ofc most don't

But for example you stick Lukaku into West Ham or Uniteds side last season - they get top 4 without doubt
You take Vardy or Mahrez or kante out that Leicester side at the start of the season - they would be sat mid table

Basically you do not need a side full of 'top 4' players, you need a side that together plays well enough as a unit to be top 4

On Paper the everton side of 86 was better than the one of 87 - especially when you factor in how many injuries we had in 87 and some of the very average players who played a lot of games that season, but overall it was a better side strangely as with Linkeer in the team we lost something mor eimportant than the shed load of goals he brought

Lineker was the focal point of the forward line, just the same as Lukaku has been and kone was at wigan. When he left we then spread the goals around the team with different tactics.

For full backs, you will have Baines and Coleman. Behind them is Kenny at RB and perhaps Connolly at LB (oviedo/garbutt to go and galloway is a CB) for depth i think the two UTD lads would be ideal.

Also if lukaku goes and niasse is punted then rashford should be included in any deal + we would still need to sign 2 more forwards.

This leicester example is a bit obtuse because theyve been an anomaly. My point was that we only have a handful of players you would class as being top 4 level...not that a top manager with a few tweaks couldnt improve the side. Also leicester had limited injuries whilst utd had loads...as a squad we dont have quality or depth unless the kids come through which is 2 years away....we arent going to be top 4 with this squad as it i.

Why are you obsessed with buying kids to develop, you were banging on about it under Martinez and now you're actually wanting to buy 3 unproven players who have had a handful of games. Yes they've had a few good games but still far from anything.

Get off this idea of building this youthful team that grows together, it's not happening. We need to buy top quality that have the experience and can handle it when things go a bit off track.

Get off the computer games, it's not real life

What "top quality" players in their prime would join then?

If you're certain that is whats needed then you should also have players in mind to support your argument.

This isnt a computer game where you can buy who you want you know....

You've just slated me for suggesting

Lukaku for Rashford and 2 utd full backs + cash as squad players.

And here you are wanting a young forward with massive potential...

Cant make this stuff up.

Think mate it is more the fact you don't suggest ANY experienced older players say in the 25-29 range as needed, you fill a first team and squad with kids and you damage their development not the other way around, and ultimately it will fail badly, say for example we bring in as you suggested the 3 young lads from Man U, 2 of them are fullbacks for starters, an area where we have our own young lads who are highly thought off starting to come through, kenny for one plays the same spot as Mensah, so basically your idea of having this great young team etc would mean he has realistically No Future at Everton and we may as well offload him to someone as Mensah would come in ahead of him obviously, and whats the point having a 19yo sitting behind another 19yo you just bought for decent money and still having coleman ahead of both.

jackson would obviously come in behind baines but aheqad of both garbutt - so offload him ofc, and connely who is naturally a lb - so similar case as with kenny, whats the point nhaving a third string academy lad their sitting behind a similar age player you just bought in - so thats another academy lad with NO chance of getting a shot with us

Rashford mmanwhilst is right at this moment just the media flavour of the month, if he was either a foerign player or a young player at stoke or swansea you would have hardly heard anything about him in the media mate, yeah he has had a fantsatci start on breaking through but right now it could seriously just be a flash in the pan thing

will say this again though, yes buying young players is a good thing, but we as a team should look at areas that we haven't got very very talented young lads coming through from the academy in those same positions otherwise all we are doing is totally ruining the work that unsworth and the rest of the people involved in the academy are doing.

would you rather see Mensah playing or kenny?
would you rather see us buying the next deli ali or davies becoming the next deli ali?
would you rather see januzai being bought or dowell being played instead?

Do you thing that under a very good coach having experienced players with the right mentality would aid the development of the youngewr players in the squad far more than buying in very hyped younger players who have so far not really done much intheir careers and maybe havent had to develop the character that more experienced players often have done?

I think City or particularly Pep doesn't fancy Hart
Seems to have been rumours about Hart being replaced ever since Pep was annnounced. Got to be something in it.

Wonder if City are going to surprise everyone and go for Courtois as he seems to be angling at getting away from Chelsea over the goalkeeping coach.

I tend to agree that our squad is some way off challenging for a top four place
I think we do have a great squad that will improve in time, but it all depends what the new owners vision is

He may want to go,for bust and fill the squad with experienced players who have seen it and done it all - problem is these come with massive fees and salaries and are here for the short haul

Or he may want to continue in building a squad with youth and a level of experience - problem is this takes time and patience, which our fanbase may not give

My feel is we have the basis for a potentially great squad, and I would like too see small tweaks made to improve it
Personally i want to see our youth coming through, as for me this is how it should be

Exciting times and hopefully productive times

The new manager has to prioritize the current players in the side and that includes the youth with a clear plan to integrate them over the next couple of years.

He also needs to add to that with some proven quality in the spine of the team so results dont suffer in the short term.

The top players we have now who other teams would want are Stones,Barkley,Deulofeu and Lukaku. Ideally a new manager would identify the young players who could join them in the team soon and also more who can be brought in to develop + ready made players to fill in the remaining positions.

You've just slated me for suggesting

Lukaku for Rashford and 2 utd full backs + cash as squad players.

And here you are wanting a young forward with massive potential...

Cant make this stuff up.

Another ridiculous comment..."hugely inflated prices"

The LB is out of contract.

The other two would be part of a swap deal + cash for Lukaku.

Dearie me....how to comment without reading the information in your face first

Tell me, in what actually competitive league does signing teenage reserve players constitute progress?

In fact I would much rather prefer we sign players who have actually got experience and are quality rather than a teenager who has had 3 months experience so far in his career.

But yeah, I'm just chatting on here aren't I? Suggesting we actually sign players who have had more than a few months experience and only got that because of injuries.

So yeah, there's football manager posts and there is just typing for the sake of typing.

The new manager has to prioritize the current players in the side and that includes the youth with a clear plan to integrate them over the next couple of years.

He also needs to add to that with some proven quality in the spine of the team so results dont suffer in the short term.

The top players we have now who other teams would want are Stones,Barkley,Deulofeu and Lukaku. Ideally a new manager would identify the young players who could join them in the team soon and also more who can be brought in to develop + ready made players to fill in the remaining positions.
No he doesn't.

They might not be good enough, he needs to sign players to make us competitive again, and replace some of the crap we have with actual top 6 players to try and turn the shop around.

He needs to integrate youth over a period of years, not do it in his first summer.

Think mate it is more the fact you don't suggest ANY experienced older players say in the 25-29 range as needed, you fill a first team and squad with kids and you damage their development not the other way around, and ultimately it will fail badly, say for example we bring in as you suggested the 3 young lads from Man U, 2 of them are fullbacks for starters, an area where we have our own young lads who are highly thought off starting to come through, kenny for one plays the same spot as Mensah, so basically your idea of having this great young team etc would mean he has realistically No Future at Everton and we may as well offload him to someone as Mensah would come in ahead of him obviously, and whats the point having a 19yo sitting behind another 19yo you just bought for decent money and still having coleman ahead of both.

jackson would obviously come in behind baines but aheqad of both garbutt - so offload him ofc, and connely who is naturally a lb - so similar case as with kenny, whats the point nhaving a third string academy lad their sitting behind a similar age player you just bought in - so thats another academy lad with NO chance of getting a shot with us

Rashford mmanwhilst is right at this moment just the media flavour of the month, if he was either a foerign player or a young player at stoke or swansea you would have hardly heard anything about him in the media mate, yeah he has had a fantsatci start on breaking through but right now it could seriously just be a flash in the pan thing

will say this again though, yes buying young players is a good thing, but we as a team should look at areas that we haven't got very very talented young lads coming through from the academy in those same positions otherwise all we are doing is totally ruining the work that unsworth and the rest of the people involved in the academy are doing.

would you rather see Mensah playing or kenny?
would you rather see us buying the next deli ali or davies becoming the next deli ali?
would you rather see januzai being bought or dowell being played instead?

Do you thing that under a very good coach having experienced players with the right mentality would aid the development of the youngewr players in the squad far more than buying in very hyped younger players who have so far not really done much intheir careers and maybe havent had to develop the character that more experienced players often have done?

Ive already named players like defoe / manolas etc who arent in the age range you mention.

Having 1 experienced player in a position and 2 young players behind should be the goal all over the potch. One to go on loan and the other as cover...then alternate. Later we will have 2 quality players for each positon if they both develop.

Lineker was the focal point of the forward line, just the same as Lukaku has been and kone was at wigan. When he left we then spread the goals around the team with different tactics.

For full backs, you will have Baines and Coleman. Behind them is Kenny at RB and perhaps Connolly at LB (oviedo/garbutt to go and galloway is a CB) for depth i think the two UTD lads would be ideal.

Also if lukaku goes and niasse is punted then rashford should be included in any deal + we would still need to sign 2 more forwards.

This leicester example is a bit obtuse because theyve been an anomaly. My point was that we only have a handful of players you would class as being top 4 level...not that a top manager with a few tweaks couldnt improve the side. Also leicester had limited injuries whilst utd had loads...as a squad we dont have quality or depth unless the kids come through which is 2 years away....we arent going to be top 4 with this squad as it i.

Players - especially young players will not swap a backup role for Man United for a backup role for us mate - just simple logic and hostory has shown that, same for any young player we get from any big side, they will come to us because we promise them more opportunity

As for the young lads being two years away from being able to play - whny are they exactly?

Rashford, Mensah and Jackson - not one signle person thought that they would be playing this year - and 2 of the 3 did very well

Similarly not one person really thought Davies or Kenny would play or be ready this season and when they played they where - anothe roffseason and full pre season with the first team under a new manager and who knows how much they can contribute next season - the same goes for Dowell, Connely, pennington, Galloway, Ledson and several other players, but this is the key thing mate, to have a chance to come through and maybe really kciking on itnot he first team next seaosn each and every one of them players needs to have a team around them that has the experience and if you go out and buy kids over experienced seasonsed pros then you are greatly reducing the chance that any of them will break through,

Barry for example helped with us bringing Barkley into the team, Dsitin and Jags, baines and Coleman all did the same with allowing Stones to come in, look at that class of 92 and how they got into the united squad and they where surrounded by very good experienced pros mate, and eventually some repalced some of those, but fergusomn before anythign else made sure he had that core of experiecne and character and that was what helped to mould the likes of Neveille, scholes, giggs and beckham into the winning characters they became

Seems to have been rumours about Hart being replaced ever since Pep was annnounced. Got to be something in it.

Wonder if City are going to surprise everyone and go for Courtois as he seems to be angling at getting away from Chelsea over the goalkeeping coach.

They signed that kid from Barca under Pep's wishes because he suits his style.

I reckon Hart will go, thought he'd end up at that shower across the park but they went the cheap route with Karius.

A matter of time I think.

Keep an eye on a West Ham maybe

No he doesn't.

They might not be good enough, he needs to sign players to make us competitive again, and replace some of the crap we have with actual top 6 players to try and turn the shop around.

He needs to integrate youth over a period of years, not do it in his first summer.

You're hilarious. You really either dont read posts fully or have some issue with receiving information to the brain.

I wrote young players to be integrated over a couple of years......you then disagree reply that young players shouldnt be integrated in one summer.

My word.

You're hilarious. You really either dont read posts fully or have some issue with receiving information to the brain.

I wrote young players to be integrated over a couple of years......you then disagree reply that young players shouldnt be integrated in one summer.

My word.
Takes more than 2 years to do it?

They need game time, loans away, opportunities etc. That doesn't happen thst quickly.

And that is depending on them actually being good enough to even make it to this level. If we finished 5th next season, would you really want 19 year old to be brought into the team or would you want better quality players bought instead?

Name one club who have progressed and done it by bringing their academy in thst quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.