Everton, the media, and perception

Status
Not open for further replies.

zirc

Player Valuation: £40m
Somehow in the last few years Spurs bave gone from midtable also rans to a "big club" Could tonight's result be the beginning of a similar transition by Everton? We went the Emirates ajd absolutely battered the table toppers on on national telly.

If Everton are ever to become a 'sky' club a match like this would be needed to start the media love in.

Honestly I couldn't give two sh*tes what the patronising ill informed bells prevalent in the media think of us.

I'd rather they kept on patting us on the head until its too late and we've kicked one of their blue eyed boys out of the their precious top four places. [Poor language removed] them, were Everton.

I think we are perceived by the neutrals and the media in a good light.

Plus the sexy football we now play also helps :)

Honestly I couldn't give two sh*tes what the patronising ill informed bells prevalent in the media think of us.

I'd rather they kept on patting us on the head until its too late and we've kicked one of their blue eyed boys out of the their precious top four places. [Poor language removed] them, were Everton.

This, in a lot less words than how I'd fumblingly describe it, is how I see the situation.

Tell us we're plucky, tenacious and patronise our faces off. Tell us we're boss and the best thing since sliced bread. I really couldn't give two hoots. All I care about is how we are playing and we, as Blues, know exactly how we're playing.

Seen a lot of comments and indeed threads tonight about media comments and the such. Surprised how much attention people are giving them. It's like a few are wanting us to be "accepted" as a "top team", if that makes sense. Fwiw, I think we get more than our fair share of praise.

Couldn't give one, really. We're Everton and we're playing dead well currently.

This. (looks)

[Poor language removed] me, azul is being sound!!

Only to the extent it affects who we can sign.

Footballers want to play the kind of football we're playing now, if they can. More like that summer window, thank you.

The media for years told us that we over achieved and it was all down to Moyes. Don't get me wrong I think he did a good job but why oh why isn't he underachiving with the current league champions? Maybe seeing what is happening now can we say that Moyes acually held us back.

In the end I don't care what the media say I just want us to give 100% and carry on playing the way we are.

If Everton are ever to become a 'sky' club a match like this would be needed to start the media love in.

Its not just that game though - all of our appearances on live TV this season have been fantastic games to watch in which Ebepton have played wonderful football.

To be honest I couldn't care less about the media coverage, BUT it might allow us to sign better players. Perception is huge when it comes to the transfer market. Anyone think Deulofeu would be with us were Moyes still in charge?

To be honest I couldn't care less about the media coverage, BUT it might allow us to sign better players. Perception is huge when it comes to the transfer market. Anyone think Deulofeu would be with us were Moyes still in charge?

doubt he'd be getting a game even if he was here

This x1000 times.

I know all about Everton, and that's all that matters to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.