"Everton that......"

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Carragher touched on this during commentary, saying something along the lines of “Burnley have got a dreadful record of coming back from being a goal down but if you could pick a team to break that duck against it would be Everton”.

I've been saying that for at least 25 years.

If a striker is on a barren run or a team needs a win you can guarantee that we will invariably oblige.

Yep,although was he with Sunderland?

Just checked, yep you're right. God that last paragraph is depressing.

"Graham signed for Sunderland on 31 January 2013 for £5 million on a three-and-a-half-year contract.[58] Graham also attracted interests from his former club, Middlesbrough.[59] However, his move to Sunderland was controversial; Graham is a fan of Newcastle United, Sunderland's rival.[60]

He made his debut on 2 February, coming on as a substitute in the 79th minute to replace Stéphane Sessègnon in a 2–1 defeat away to Reading.[61] In his last match for Swansea prior to joining Sunderland, Graham was booed and jeered by the club's supporters, as he came on as a substitute, though he described it as "it never once put [me] off in terms of wanting to move here."[62] Despite playing 11 matches for Sunderland in his first half season at the club, Graham was unable to score his first goal for Sunderland and loaned out to Hull City the following season. Graham admitted he didn't do very well and his form had dropped badly since his arrival in January.[63]

Upon returning to Sunderland, manager Gus Poyet said placing Graham in the first team ahead of the 2014–15 season would be very difficult.[64] Graham made a return to Premier League football as a late substitute in Sunderland's 1–0 home loss against Liverpool on 10 January 2015. He also appeared as a substitute against Tottenham Hotspur the following week. Graham scored his first Sunderland goal on 9 May 2015, after he deflected home a Jordi Gómez shot in a 2–0 victory at Everton.[65] It was to be his only goal for Sunderland, as he was released a year later on 10 June 2016, having spent the second part of the season at Blackburn Rovers."

We’re a community club, s family club, a ‘nice’ club which does nice things like helping other clubs out if they’re playing badly and/or helping opposition strikers out if they’re in a lean patch.
We’re a kind, accommodating club which gives its players comfy long term contracts and full English breakfasts.
Yes, we might be a little poo at togger, but we do nice things around the city...and we do a wonderful blue Chrimbo.
Lovely club, lovely lads,...that’s us, that’s Everton...Everton that

I was at Finch Farm the other day and I noticed that Wayne's breakfast was less calorific than usual. He must be watching his weight:

image.jpg

We’re a community club, s family club, a ‘nice’ club which does nice things like helping other clubs out if they’re playing badly and/or helping opposition strikers out if they’re in a lean patch.
We’re a kind, accommodating club which gives its players comfy long term contracts and full English breakfasts.
Yes, we might be a little poo at togger, but we do nice things around the city...and we do a wonderful blue Chrimbo.
Lovely club, lovely lads,...that’s us, that’s Everton...Everton that

Do our players really gorge themselves on full English breakfasts at the training ground?

You can't beat a full English, but it's hardly the food of a supreme athlete.

What about the fella who Derby signed who scored the winner on his debut past us then got deported and never seen again because he had a blag passport?
Or the time when Gary Cahill was all set to join Chelsea but the deal broke down and Bolton played him that night against us and he got the winner. 48 hours later the deal was reserrected and he was a Chelsea player.

..Carragher touched on this during commentary, saying something along the lines of “Burnley have got a dreadful record of coming back from being a goal down but if you could pick a team to break that duck against it would be Everton”.
Remembers well his blue roots he does

1967 Vs Forest in the cup 2-1 up, take our foot off the gas, Storey-Moore end up with a hat trick.

Last edited:
What about the fella who Derby signed who scored the winner on his debut past us then got deported and never seen again because he had a blag passport?
Or the time when Gary Cahill was all set to join Chelsea but the deal broke down and Bolton played him that night against us and he got the winner. 48 hours later the deal was reserrected and he was a Chelsea player.

Esteban Fuertes was his name

The one for me was where Kenwyne Jones hadn’t scored for ages, slotted against us, then went over a year without scoring and then slotted once again against us to break his duck.

The amount of players scoring on their debuts against us is also staggering, as is the amount of managers sacked after playing us. Very strange club.

The one for me was where Kenwyne Jones hadn’t scored for ages, slotted against us, then went over a year without scoring and then slotted once again against us to break his duck.

The amount of players scoring on their debuts against us is also staggering, as is the amount of managers sacked after playing us. Very strange club.

I always take that as an affront to EFC, as if the club doing the sacking is saying "You can't even beat a team like Everton so we're sacking you."

Do our players really gorge themselves on full English breakfasts at the training ground?

You can't beat a full English, but it's hardly the food of a supreme athlete.

Vlasic said a full English is an option on the menu at Finch Farm:

"The choice is really varied, you can even eat a classic English breakfast with fried eggs, sausages, beans, fried bread, black pudding and bacon. I’m avoiding it as it’s large portions. I don’t know how to eat that and run before training. I keep with what's tried and tested, what I’m used to eating at home. Only fish is missing. There is also fish here, but it’s not as good as Croatian fish."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/full-english-training-players-comments-suggest-everton-food-issue/

Status
Not open for further replies.