Everton Supporting Campaign to Kick Homophobia out of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporting anti homophobia is a good thing, doesn't need to be over analysed

Is the correct answer, I've heard various shouts at games of " ****ing queer " aimed at a number of different players. Just because there might not be any gay people on the pitch does not make it ok, no doubt plenty will be in the crowd.

like i say - i dont get it , there is clearly a racial issue towards races - so i get that campaign. but if there is no homosexuals in football , this campaign makes as much sense as 'lets kick the lizard people from the planet zog who are disguised by wearing human skin out of football'.
if a homosexual player/players 'comes out' and then gets abuse - then id back it. but there isnt , so whats the point ?

more needed campaigns ...
'lets kick alcohol abuse'
'lets kick lack of social responsibility '
'lets kick womanising '
'lets kick the terry family'
'lets kick liverpool fc'

Point is, a gay player probably wouldn't feel comfortable coming out in the current environment. Campaigns like this are to make them feel welcome, so hopefully one day they will. And I'm sure that drunk supporters at matches/players often say things that are shall we say... less than gay-friendly.

Last edited:

Lads you're all missing the point.

The slogan is "Right behind gay footballers." FFS where is chico.

(Seriously though I think it's an admirable cause, and it's nice to see clubs step forward for it, particularly when considering the message that the locations of world cups 2018 and 2022 send to the LGBT community)

Yes mate, it's just a personal gripe of mine working in the public sector and wasn't a comment for this campaign.

I've never worked in the public sector but I get the feeling you could go on for days about all the things they waste money on.

My dad has some stories to tell about working in weapons procurement for the navy.

I've never worked in the public sector but I get the feeling you could go on for days about all the things they waste money on.

My dad has some stories to tell about working in weapons procurement for the navy.

Procurement improvements could save every public sector organisation millions. Drug companies make a fortune from the NHS, and so do uniform manufacturers. Put me in charge for one day, I'd save a packet.

Anyway, Everton and gay rights and that......

I don't know if its so much the reaction and attitude of fans to players as it is players to players.

Didn't Greame Le Saux get no end of **** cause they thought he was gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.