Everton Supporters Trust Safe Standing Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Liverpool not have it already, unofficially

The kop is one of if not the worst for standing throughout games

Exactly. It's impossible to sit down in the Kop, it's pretty well all standing with no comments either from the tannoy or the men in the bibs.......

...."the club is not considering safe standing" according to RKs latest press conference.

just seen that in the presser. Think the press officer was a bit over zealous there. Personally i think the club have supported Liverpool adequately enough over the years that the manager can at least give his opinion without being essentially gagged (although the exact nature of the off camera mumbling was hard to pick out).

Morning all, hope admin's don't mind i want to give this post a bump as there is only 7 days left on the survey. I want to get as many responses as possible before it closes. We've had a great response already and i am sure the majority have already filled it in but just in case anyone has missed it the link for the survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/est-safe-standing-survey

Apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't read the whole thread) but in the first few pages people are talking as if "rail seating" is the only form of safe standing and the only option... it isn't.

I've been to a game at F.C Union in Berlin and stood in a modern safe standing section, but it wasn't rail seating. It was organised into blocks - you bought a ticket for a block and could stand anywhere in it. Each row does have a rail/barrier separating it from the rows in front and behind, which stops crowd surges, but there are no rail seats. (Also, if I remember correctly, each row was slightly wider so you could have 2 rows of people per row).

Where's all the posts saying it's cringeworthy, manufacturing an atmosphere, and "jokes" about bringing a trumpet the match? Or are those fans finally getting a bit more clued up on these matters?

Where's all the posts saying it's cringeworthy, manufacturing an atmosphere, and "jokes" about bringing a trumpet the match? Or are those fans finally getting a bit more clued up on these matters?
A lot of lids like to stand at the match, nothing forced or 'manufactured' about having an area for those fans to do so.

As for the bolded bit above - a fella tried to get the crowd going with a megaphone the other week and the Gwladys collectively ignored him. This is the same section of fans who will likely make up the bulk of any future standing area so kindly don't lump the two together as it is not the same thing.

A lot of lids like to stand at the match, nothing forced or 'manufactured' about having an area for those fans to do so.

As for the bolded bit above - a fella tried to get the crowd going with a megaphone the other week and the Gwladys collectively ignored him. This is the same section of fans who will likely make up the bulk of any future standing area so kindly don't lump the two together as it is not the same thing.

I agree with you. What it is though, fans have tried to get standing areas going in the past. Nearly the same as this safe standing area but of course minus the rails but with the club on board so the stewards don't kick out all the lads that want to stand home and away.

But when fans get anywhere with it, it falls back due to lack of support as fans have gone round making utterly stupid and thick comments like you can't manufacture an atmosphere or why don't you bring a trumpet the match. So again we have fans getting kicked out of the ground for standing while the club let 3000 away fans stand.

I agree with you. What it is though, fans have tried to get standing areas going in the past. Nearly the same as this safe standing area but of course minus the rails but with the club on board so the stewards don't kick out all the lads that want to stand home and away.

But when fans get anywhere with it, it falls back due to lack of support as fans have gone round making utterly stupid and thick comments like you can't manufacture an atmosphere or why don't you bring a trumpet the match. So again we have fans getting kicked out of the ground for standing while the club let 3000 away fans stand.
I've generally only seen those type of comments when people refer to a standing area as a 'singing section.'

Personally I like to stand and I think it generates a better atmosphere but can understand the resistance if fans believe it would involve orchestrated chanting/singing.

If it is clearly promoted as a standing area then I doubt you will see much opposition from the fans these days.

I've generally only seen those type of comments when people refer to a standing area as a 'singing section.'

Personally I like to stand and I think it generates a better atmosphere but can understand the resistance if fans believe it would involve orchestrated chanting/singing.

If it is clearly promoted as a standing area then I doubt you will see much opposition from the fans these days.

They're the same thing. They started calling it a standing area when they first done it because they knew fans wouldn't get onto to it, but the club couldn't back something with the word standing in.

There was some opposition from fans as well because of the word standing. This was at the time our fans were still sitting at the aways though loads didn't want to. So they had to change the name and trust the fans were clued up.

They're the same thing.
I know mate.

They started calling it a standing area when they first done it because they knew fans wouldn't get onto to it, but the club couldn't back something with the word standing in.
I understand that, however regarding the bolded bit there is however an ingrained aversion to anything that can be deemed 'kopite behaviour' by Evertonians with the phrase used as a catch all for anything deemed to be cringe worthy.

The thought of a section of blues singing along to a brass band, waving flags and dancing while we are being dry bummed three - nil by Stoke, however far removed from the reality of the proposal, is always going to generate skepticism.

In the future I think the best approach for you to take is to just tell any naysayers to pipe down before you rattle their mar's again and give them something they can really whinge about.

Best of luck with this - be great to see it implemented in the future.

I know mate.

I understand that, however regarding the bolded bit there is however an ingrained aversion to anything that can be deemed 'kopite behaviour' by Evertonians with the phrase used as a catch all for anything deemed to be cringe worthy.

The thought of a section of blues singing along to a brass band, waving flags and dancing while we are being dry bummed three - nil by Stoke, however far removed from the reality of the proposal, is always going to generate skepticism.

In the future I think the best approach for you to take is to just tell any naysayers to pipe down before you rattle their mar's again and give them something they can really whinge about.

Best of luck with this - be great to see it implemented in the future.

Well this is where some Evertonians need to wise up. An obsession over what they can and cannot do at the match like an insecure virgin. It’s not the Everton I grew up with. Every slight variance in behaviour is met by some prick shouting kopite behaviour, cringeworthy, and quite often it’s over something our fans have done for years. I end having an ironic cringe myself...

Fans need to stop making associations with safe standing/standing areas/singing areas/section all those different names for what is essentially an Everton away end at Goodison, with “thought of a section of blues singing along to a brass band, waving flags and dancing while we are being dry bummed three - nil by Stoke”.

How you stop fans making those associations I have no idea, in fact it’s easy to just laugh at them and take the piss.

Well this is where some Evertonians need to wise up. An obsession over what they can and cannot do at the match like an insecure virgin. It’s not the Everton I grew up with. Every slight variance in behaviour is met by some [Poor language removed] shouting kopite behaviour, cringeworthy, and quite often it’s over something our fans have done for years. I end having an ironic cringe myself...

Fans need to stop making associations with safe standing/standing areas/singing areas/section all those different names for what is essentially an Everton away end at Goodison, with “thought of a section of blues singing along to a brass band, waving flags and dancing while we are being dry bummed three - nil by Stoke”.

How you stop fans making those associations I have no idea, in fact it’s easy to just laugh at them and take the piss.

Oh hey up the Everton ultra is here.

You got your drum ready for Sunday lad?

STAND UP, IF YOU LOVE THE BLUES

Status
Not open for further replies.