Everton Supporters Trust Safe Standing Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, do you mean 3,000 to 5,200? Even that is a massive increase, but to squeeze over 5,000 where there was formerly 300 is amazing!

Your allowed Children, so long as you put them on your shoulders, and if you have more than one, then stack them in order of age/size. I think that's why there's such an increase. Only the Family enclosure can be rail seating.

Yeah, meant 3000.......

Done. I'm in favour although personally I'd sooner sit. It's safe and would improve the atmosphere.
Same for me. I prefer to sit and where my seat is, UGS, I don't have any issues with other people standing and obstructing my view either. But if the new system is proven to be safe, I think it's a great idea to have designated areas for those who prefer to stand. In theory it should be more affordable too. Apart from the cost of conversion (if we do it at Goodison) I can't see a downside tbh.

Well the funny thing is I like standing in the seating area....

I know, I know.

I think I just don't get the clamor for standing areas really. There is nothing wrong with the way it is now. Do we have any idea of it would cost less than sitting? I would assume so as that was the case in the past but it wouldn't surprise me if they made it cost more.

I couldn't disagree more. The atmospheres at top flight games in this country are, by and large, horrendous.

And arguments between fans who want to stand and want to sit are very common. Just look at whats happening at West Ham. I've been shouted at to sit down at home games, away games and even in the FA Cup final.

I do question why standing would be cheaper, if based on a 1:1 ratio. Where is the saving?
Don't know mate tbh. I'm only going on what other people have said. If it is 1:1 you do wonder where any savings would come from. But somebody else said 3000 to 5200 at one stadium. So who knows?

I think rail seating is 1.5 people per seat when standing mate, obviously when the seats are down it is reduced to 1:1

Are you sure?

I'd assume you'd still get allocated your seat number and you stand in front of it. Just that the seats are all up for the league games and down for European games. I might be wrong though.

Thanks everyone for the responses so far. The survey runs for a month so we want to capture as many responses as possible, so please feel free to tweet, re-tweet, post and share on social media, in work or at home and get your friends and family to fill it in too!

Also with regards to cost/capacity - Using Celtic as an example i am fairly sure that they have kept prices the same. I don't think the capacity has increased or declined either. I think putting an argument forward for cheaper ticket prices for standing is a debate worth having, but i guess thats a little bit of putting the cart before the horse in some respects?

Also with regards to cost/capacity - Using Celtic as an example i am fairly sure that they have kept prices the same. I don't think the capacity has increased or declined either. I think putting an argument forward for cheaper ticket prices for standing is a debate worth having, but i guess thats a little bit of putting the cart before the horse in some respects?
I think the promise of cheaper tickets for standing might actually sway a few undecideds.

I do hope this thread has provided a good bit of qualitative info to go along with your survey. It's certainly an issue that requires emotive justification beyond a set of figures.

I can't see us having it unless Liverpool decide to have it

If they oppose it, we'll do likewise as a sign of unity

I really think we have to draw a line on this and do what we think is right for us and for football generally.

We stood shoulder to shoulder every day since Hillsborough - it would not be a lack of respect now for us to form our own opinions.

Are you sure?

I'd assume you'd still get allocated your seat number and you stand in front of it. Just that the seats are all up for the league games and down for European games. I might be wrong though.
Yes i'm sure, its why German teams capacity falls so much for European games when they have to sit, if it was 1 per seat the capacity would be the same.

I couldn't disagree more. The atmospheres at top flight games in this country are, by and large, horrendous.

And arguments between fans who want to stand and want to sit are very common. Just look at whats happening at West Ham. I've been shouted at to sit down at home games, away games and even in the FA Cup final.

Yet attendances are up since then.

The atmosphere is more due to the fact that everyone lives on their phones and that there is a massive disconnect between the players and fans these days I reckon. And the fact that its all a bit pointless for the also ran clubs.

I really think we have to draw a line on this and do what we think is right for us and for football generally.

We stood shoulder to shoulder every day since Hillsborough - it would not be a lack of respect now for us to form our own opinions.

I agree in spirit, but I just can't see it

Can you imagine the reaction of the Red Echo if we "betrayed" Liverpool and backed it when they didn't? I just don't think the club would have the stomach for it

We're going to need Liverpool to sign off on this or we won't have it

Hopefully the argument for safety can be proven to everyone's liking

Status
Not open for further replies.