Everton Supporters Trust Safe Standing Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably is a personal preference but I was around when terracing was in use and I hated it.

I was only young but it used to scare the hell out of me. And it stunk. There would be all kinds of dodgy stuff going on as well. I know the concept is safe standing but its still an extra risk regardless and I dont see any point of it.

I don't understand if given a choice between standing for 2 hours or sitting people would choose to stand. I suppose I would have to try it myself.
I can't imagine, after 25 years of all-seater, that the attitudes and antics of the terraces would automatically return. Take the lower gwladys, get them all to stand up, and that's pretty much what rail seating would be like.

On the sit v stand argument, most people prefer to stand at music gigs, and I'm sure there's loads who would prefer to stand at matches.

A question for GOT: does rail seating take up less space per seat than current seating? If the lower gwladys were converted today to rail seating, would it increase capacity?

I can't imagine, after 25 years of all-seater, that the attitudes and antics of the terraces would automatically return. Take the lower gwladys, get them all to stand up, and that's pretty much what rail seating would be like.

On the sit v stand argument, most people prefer to stand at music gigs, and I'm sure there's loads who would prefer to stand at matches.

A question for GOT: does rail seating take up less space per seat than current seating? If the lower gwladys were converted today to rail seating, would it increase capacity?

Yeah i prefer to stand at gigs too. i think the difference is that in principle I should enjoy every song at the gig and maybe dance a bit. Standing whilst watching us getting hammered 5-0 by Chelsea without even having a shot for example would be grim.

My many years of Lower Gwladys experience leads me to believe that if I was standing there with them i would have people farting on me regularly, one person would constantly fall asleep and start slobbering on my shoulder and a bunch of them would be annoying me every five minutes trying to get past to go for a pee. If they bothered to go the toilet of course...

Is there a way for me to stand without touching anybody?

Yeah i prefer to stand at gigs too. i think the difference is that in principle I should enjoy every song at the gig and maybe dance a bit. Standing whilst watching us getting hammered 5-0 by Chelsea without even having a shot for example would be grim.

My many years of Lower Gwladys experience leads me to believe that if I was standing there with them i would have people farting on me regularly, one person would constantly fall asleep and start slobbering on my shoulder and a bunch of them would be annoying me every five minutes trying to get past to go for a pee. If they bothered to go the toilet of course...

Is there a way for me to stand without touching anybody?
Corporate Box?

Probably is a personal preference but I was around when terracing was in use and I hated it.

I was only young but it used to scare the hell out of me. And it stunk. There would be all kinds of dodgy stuff going on as well. I know the concept is safe standing but its still an extra risk regardless and I dont see any point of it.

I don't understand if given a choice between standing for 2 hours or sitting people would choose to stand. I suppose I would have to try it myself.

But this is the point entirely.

You don't like standing. That's completely fine, you'd have around 80% of the ground to sit in without fear of being obstructed or confined. And the people who want to be in the standing section can then do so without worrying about obstructing views for people like yourself.

Everyone's happy. Surely?

And for what it's worth. It would be a 1:1 ratio. No extra supporters crammed in. No extra risk. Just one section free to stand and create an atmosphere. God knows we need one.

But this is the point entirely.

You don't like standing. That's completely fine, you'd have around 80% of the ground to sit in without fear of being obstructed or confined. And the people who want to be in the standing section can then do so without worrying about obstructing views for people like yourself.

Everyone's happy. Surely?

And for what it's worth. It would be a 1:1 ratio. No extra supporters crammed in. No extra risk. Just one section free to stand and create an atmosphere. God knows we need one.

Well the funny thing is I like standing in the seating area....

I know, I know.

I think I just don't get the clamor for standing areas really. There is nothing wrong with the way it is now. Do we have any idea of it would cost less than sitting? I would assume so as that was the case in the past but it wouldn't surprise me if they made it cost more.

On the video a page back Hanover increase from 300 seats to 5200 (i think, without watching it again) standing, so at a ratio it increases capacity by quite a bit....

I think rail seating is 1.5 people per seat when standing mate, obviously when the seats are down it is reduced to 1:1

On the video a page back Hanover increase from 300 seats to 5200 (i think, without watching it again) standing, so at a ratio it increases capacity by quite a bit....
Sorry, do you mean 3,000 to 5,200? Even that is a massive increase, but to squeeze over 5,000 where there was formerly 300 is amazing!

No mate that's not the same. Here's an informative BBC report, although I think England would go for a 1:1 seat standing ratio (like Celtic)

If the ratio is 1:1 that wont make tickets any cheaper, will it? Standing at away matches is the norm now anyway. (With the exception of Arsenal I suppose) I completed survey and I much prefer to stand. But at six feet tall I seldom have any problems seeing over people in front of me. This would probably be taken care of by the degree of the banking.

I already have access to one of them.

I want the terracing atmosphere in a nice warm seated area where I cant touch or smell anyone.

I also want the moon on a stick...

do you find it difficult to stop yourself touching people?

I'm all for standing if people want it. My legs ache too much these days to stand. I could probably lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.