Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they don’t offer the amount this club have asked for? Just give them the player? No wonder you love Fat Sam. Very small time thinking. The player is under contracted for three more years this club hold the cards.

Kane is now staying at Spurs for another season at least. Literally in your world everything has to do with politics you really are braindead like a zombie.
Still wouldn’t be surprised if he goes in the winter window.
next season I don’t think he will be going for anywhere near the sort of money they could have got this window. Another year older, another 10 games missed due to injury…

based on assumption, we paid close to 8 million for Zouma on loan, around 4 million for Gomes. Looking at pricing from other loans from premier league to others range between 3 and 7 million?

Plus it was mentioned on SSN. when he left if memory serves?

We see nothing to qualify anything, everything is based on assumptions, unfortunately we as Evertonians base our assumptions on the negative, I have based it on the ‘about average’

Kean unfortunately his head has already gone, we need him to do the same

Thanks mate Id love that to be the case - im just curious because ive tired and can never find exact detail on our loan details. Moise costs us North of 8 mill a year in amortisation and wages at the moment.

Happy to stay?

I think they are professional footballers and Vlasic, Lookman and Kean have all conducted themselves professionally despite how things have been at the club - they havent agitated, lobbed in transfer requests - theyve all been very professional, if any of them stayed i would expect that to be the case for them. I dont want to friend them of facebook, i want them to be professional footballers.

Last edited:
This would be ok but now Burnley have no time to replace McNeil, their only decent winger - so we'd be over a barrel like the overpriced Siggy deal.

It will be difficult to get value at this stage apart from more cast-offs and loans - unless there is another club we can bully because they are in worse financial straits than us.
I agree, bit even with bale or grealish. Everyone knew they were spending the money upfront. The bigger issue is us not walking away from deals like you say, for sigs

Did we get a fee for Kean last season? Just wondering if the suggested figures of £25m are to believed I wonder if we will have made anything on him….
If we don’t, having spend £27m on him with only 1 year on his contract it’s another embarrassing transfer blunder.

You really think that Kean is happy to stay? He literally put on social media at the end of last season that he hoped to go back to PSG this season. I agree we like to paint the players as the bad guys, but this is one of the more obvious examples.

Our own financial position, I agree, isnt down in a huge part to Covid, although there's a small element of it. Across the game though, there are big revenue holes for a lot of clubs caused by covid. Over in Spain the likes of Madrid and Barca usually buy big and cause a trickle down effect for the market. They're both skint (again not totally covid-linked) and again everyone else is affected (although this Mbappe thing might change it a bit). No, we can't blame covid for our problems, but surely you'd accept that the financial conditions across Europe are not what they were a couple of years ago?

On the financial aspect, we paid €27.5m for Kean (or £23.5m at the time) plus €2.5m in add ons (a little over £2m), it's hard to believe we've paid much in the way of add-ons, but let's say we've paid £25m in total to be generous. In real terms, this deal gives us our money back. His book value is currently £15m. Loaning him out means we have to eat the amortisation costs this season (assuming the permanent deal doesn't become official until after 30th June), but the loan fee may offset this - we don't know. We also get his wages off the books. In simplistic "net spend" terms, it's neutral. On the accounts we will either book a £10m profit this season or a £15m profit next season, depending on the structure. It isn't anything like as bad as people are suggesting.

I know we're talking loose figures - but its not profit, if we're just recouping what we have made, its cost neutral, to be generous and what the hell was the point anyway. Its also looking at the deal in isolation, what was the cost of Josh King to replace him, what will the cost be of buying a back up striker. We're reported to be looking at Maupay as i said above completing that deal at an optimistic 20 mill, means we add to our losses, before we look at what putting an extra 4.5 mill on the wage bill annually. This deal isn't financially positive for us. I can understand people liking the look of money coming in, but it's more systemic then just looking at the deal in isolation, its a poor deal for us.

Last edited:
Still wouldn’t be surprised if he goes in the winter window.
next season I don’t think he will be going for anywhere near the sort of money they could have got this window. Another year older, another 10 games missed due to injury…
A bit nauseating Levys mates in the press creaming over his stance there. Almost to forget he replaced Pochettino with Mounrinho and now Nuno..

The worst thing is there’ll be loads who believe it and say we’re being sensible and have a great strategy at last. There’s already loads saying that Benitez’s man management is great and it means iwobis going to be great and gray will finally fulfil his potential and Townsends a shrewd buy. We’ve been second best for about 70 percent of the time we’ve been on the pitch so far this season against three crap sides but people are telling me it’s great I despair I really do.

??

Status
Not open for further replies.