Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone doubts his commitment, he has chucked hundreds of millions at the club, and real estate is right in his wheel house. It's his competence on footballing matters that some people have concerns about.
I would agree. But it’s his job to write checks. He wrote a check for Ancelotti. Wrote checks to get rid of crappy managers and Steve Walsh.
I know this is a very American perspective, but he hasn’t been shy to write checks to make problems fo away.

I would agree. But it’s his job to write checks. He wrote a check for Ancelotti. Wrote checks to get rid of crappy managers and Steve Walsh.
I know this is a very American perspective, but he hasn’t been shy to write checks to make problems fo away.
We've spent that money very poorly. In the first instance you could excuse that, anyone can make a poor appointment (Walsh/Koeman) but continuing to do so and to renew Brands contract boggles the mind. By all accounts he keeps interfering in signings and managerial appointments as well. In American sports terms it would be like appointing a general manager but going around them on every major sporting decision. I'm sure it's happened but I doubt it ever went well.

We've spent that money very poorly. In the first instance you could excuse that, anyone can make a poor appointment (Walsh/Koeman) but continuing to do so and to renew Brands contract boggles the mind. By all accounts he keeps interfering in signings and managerial appointments as well. In American sports terms it would be like appointing a general manager but going around them on every major sporting decision. I'm sure it's happened but I doubt it ever went well.
So the Dallas cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.