Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely have Bellerin

If we don't have the funds for a proper RB I'd ring Arsenal and offer to loan Bellerin or Maitland-Niles for the season with an option to buy. Neither seem to be in Arteta's plans and with no Europe they'll want to shift at least one of them.

Hoppe at under 5M is a steal. You will not lose money on the guy. Worst case scenario he's a complete bust (which I don't see happening with his size, athleticism, and technically ability) and he gets sold back to MLS for what you paid for him. At 20 years old he's made enough impact with the USMNT already to be worth that to domestic clubs over here in the States.

Hopefully he'll be an instant impact sub who will dribble at defenders and is a presence in the box at 6-3. He's very much a late bloomer by today's standards, he was a top goal scorer in our national development league but was never called into the youth national team for some reason, which isn't surprising considering how woefully managed our youth team shave been over the last 4-5 years. He signed with Schalke when he was 18 without much fanfare, and then came out of nowhere to be their top goal scorer playing only half of their matches last season after starting the year in the U20's.

From watching Schalke and seeing his goals I assumed he was a fox-in-the-box poacher type, because that's what they asked him to do, but this summer with the Gold Cup showed us a completely different side of his game. He's highly aggressive, will run and press for 120 minutes; he will dribble at any defender from the wing or inside forward position, and his goal to beat Qatar in the semifinals came from crashing the back post and jumping over a defender after running non-stop for 85 minutes.

He actually has a lot of Richarlison in him, and selfishly as an American I would love for him to be Richy's understudy. I'm not saying he will be on Richarlison's level, but his style of play mirrors a lot of what our favorite Brazilian does. High work rate, flair on the ball and an understanding of how to finish in the box.

Literally just spent about 5 minutes trying to think of another Arsenal player I’d take.
I went to edit it as I thought it was a bit hasty, but then I looked over their lineup from the Brentford game and besides Tierney and White I genuinely wouldn’t. Neither of those would happen anyway, for obvious reasons

No Arsenal players unless in the unlikely case it’s Saka.

Disagree. They've become the new us. They have a lot of talent at the club, but have no idea how to use them properly, and I can see many of their stuggling players moving on and performing much better in a more stable and positive situation.

Taking a low risk punt on a disgruntled player or two from Arsenal would be a shrewd business move.

Hoppe at under 5M is a steal. You will not lose money on the guy. Worst case scenario he's a complete bust (which I don't see happening with his size, athleticism, and technically ability) and he gets sold back to MLS for what you paid for him. At 20 years old he's made enough impact with the USMNT already to be worth that to domestic clubs over here in the States.

Hopefully he'll be an instant impact sub who will dribble at defenders and is a presence in the box at 6-3. He's very much a late bloomer by today's standards, he was a top goal scorer in our national development league but was never called into the youth national team for some reason, which isn't surprising considering how woefully managed our youth team shave been over the last 4-5 years. He signed with Schalke when he was 18 without much fanfare, and then came out of nowhere to be their top goal scorer playing only half of their matches last season after starting the year in the U20's.

From watching Schalke and seeing his goals I assumed he was a fox-in-the-box poacher type, because that's what they asked him to do, but this summer with the Gold Cup showed us a completely different side of his game. He's highly aggressive, will run and press for 120 minutes; he will dribble at any defender from the wing or inside forward position, and his goal to beat Qatar in the semifinals came from crashing the back post and jumping over a defender after running non-stop for 85 minutes.

He actually has a lot of Richarlison in him, and selfishly as an American I would love for him to be Richy's understudy. I'm not saying he will be on Richarlison's level, but his style of play mirrors a lot of what our favorite Brazilian does. High work rate, flair on the ball and an understanding of how to finish in the box.
Yep. This is what I picked up on. Tall, but no lump. Arguably already aspects technically that he has over DCL. Even though DCL is clearly much more polished ATM.

I went to edit it as I thought it was a bit hasty, but then I looked over their lineup from the Brentford game and besides Tierney and White I genuinely wouldn’t. Neither of those would happen anyway, for obvious reasons

I wouldn’t take White, I was thinking that Martinelli maybe because of his age and he looks to have something about him. I drew a blank after that.

Disagree. They've become the new us. They have a lot of talent at the club, but have no idea how to use them properly, and I can see many of their stuggling players moving on and performing much better in a more stable and positive situation.

Taking a low risk punt on a disgruntled player or two from Arsenal would be a shrewd business move.
oh come on we already did that with Iwobi?

Status
Not open for further replies.