Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadly never been the same player since his injury. Which is a shame because, as the most stylish man in football, he'd be BFFs with Davies and DCL.
He's still decent and we need someone so at a cut rate it is worth it. I actually don't think the injury did as much damage so much as people just came back to Earth and realized he isn't Cafu. It was a hype thing. He was overrated and when people realized that they switched all the way around and now he's a bit underrated.

I thought the majority of people were pretty on board with Buta, Hoppe and Anguissa? The main issue people seem to have is the frustrating sell to buy position we find ourselves in. I’m legitimately concerned we may be sniped on the latter 2 due purely to our hands being tied. Touch wood it doesn’t but the whole situation is so frustrating, but if we can scratch the surface it could end up being positive. Anguissa would be exciting next to Doucoure. Hoppe for the quoted price is a no brainier. The RB situation to be fair is a joke and I get people’s issue there - it’s been glaring for years
I think it's difficult to know for sure the financial paradigm the club is working through. We're certainly being linked with the right kind of profile now we're getting to the quick of the window.

I think it's difficult to know for sure the financial paradigm the club is working through. We're certainly being linked with the right kind of profile now we're getting to the quick of the window.
Oh for sure - the Anguissa link shows clearly the direction we’re looking to go in. Less of a creative midfield and more so one that drives forward with the ball with runners. With Doucoure, Gray, Townsend, Richy all being powerful runners and a superb target man to get knock downs and hold it up - you can get behind the blueprint. Hoppe is one I hope manage to secure, don’t know much about the lad but there’s hype and he looks promising, the price is a bonus.
James hinting he’s off is good (in the context, I’m still sad), Gomes and Kean I BEG are moved on

He's still decent and we need someone so at a cut rate it is worth it. I actually don't think the injury did as much damage so much as people just came back to Earth and realized he isn't Cafu. It was a hype thing. He was overrated and when people realized that they switched all the way around and now he's a bit underrated.
He used to be absolutely rapid though. Without that, he's looked a little 2021 Coleman-esque.

Or it could be someone at the club thinks he has potential, could be a good move in regards to merchandise. If the fees low and likewise his wages I’m sound with taking a couple of tiny risks like this every summer, if it doesn’t work out well will recoup most or all the money, If does work out then we have a bargain.

not sure you’ve ever seen him play after calling him a fat lump because he’s definitely not.

Anyone that thinks this is a bad idea because some old fat bird from eastenders says so is mental.
I expect the same was said when we signed DCL

Permanently yes. Best option is loan him to PSG again, put an enticing (35M) release clause in if they activate it before the end of June next year.
If he goes out on loan again we’ll struggle to get anywhere near that. He’ll come back with 1 year less on his contract and clubs will call our bluff knowing he is not wanted here.
Also PSG will definitely not be interested now they have Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.