Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worse lads. Could be signing Brett Angell....

End of the day, we have a squad with 3 x Euros finalists, One Euros winner, an Olympic gold winner, La Liga titles, Serie A titles, Bundesliga titles, Premier League titles, a world cup golden boot winner and Euros Golden Glove winner. Yet people talk like we have absolutely no quality and desperately need signings. We do have quality.

Let's let Rafael work out how to motivate them and get them playing as a team. Sometimes you need those players that help the dressing room gel. They may not be the best individuals, but help the spirit within the club. I definitely see Townsend as that type of person. It is also the reason why the likes of Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Shinji Okazaki and Marc Albrighton have Premier league winners medals. Team players.

Maybe Rondon is a good bloke to have around the dressing room. Who knows? My point is, it is up to Rafael to get a squad of players to gel and perform. That is what he is paid to do. He knew the constraints when he took the job no doubt, but hopefully we can sign a couple more for depth, but they have to be the right person first then player second the way our squad is. We can't accommodate any more prima Donna's.

I trust Rafael's judgement at present as I have no reason not to. I reserve the right to change that opinion as the season progresses.
We’ve got Florida Cup winners aplenty.

Did you type this with a straight face? lol

Our fans are never happy and I used to be as bad but im a reformed character these days.

Even when we are linked with good players like McNeil who's a massive upgrade on Townsend - "he's crap, not fast enough, bang average Burnley plodder."

Worst thing this club ever did was Appoint Ancelotti and sign James Rodriguez as our fans are expecting Pheasant for tea every night whilst we are shopping on an Aldi budget.

I've just accepted where we are as a club - we haven't qualified for europe in about 5 years, finished 10th and 12th the last 2 years and are skint in terms of FFP with a squad full of bang average shysters who throw every manager under the bus.

People would rather demand the manager be sacked before the season starts and every signing made be heckled and called a bum, mercenary etc. because they aint quality names than face up to the facts.

If you want top signings and realistic hopes of europe best avoid Everton for the next 12 months...
That may be the case but it reads a bit like someone from RAWK has decided to come on here and pretend to be a blue to sow discord.

Our fans are never happy and I used to be as bad but im a reformed character these days.

Even when we are linked with good players like Dumfries - he's a bum

Or players like McNeil who's a massive upgrade on Townsend - he's crap, not fast enough, bang average Burnley plodder.

Worst thing this club ever did was Appoint Ancelotti and sign James Rodriguez as our fans are expecting Pheasant for tea every night dining whilst working on an Aldi budget.
I'm quite happy with Dumfries or McNeil

I'm absolutely not happy giving a lucrative contract to 32 year old Rondon who had been playing in China, or signing 3 squad players who are no better than the players we are trying to move on

You can't expect to get better by adding average players to an average squad. Our recruitment this summer so far has been poor and I fear it is about to get much worse.

No one should be happy with the direction of the club and no one should be happy with our business this summer. We are going backwards at a rate of noughts and I'm not going to get behind something I believe is not going to work.

Even when we are linked with good players like McNeil who's a massive upgrade on Townsend - "he's crap, not fast enough, bang average Burnley plodder."

Worst thing this club ever did was Appoint Ancelotti and sign James Rodriguez as our fans are expecting Pheasant for tea every night whilst we are shopping on an Aldi budget.

In hindsight that is a fair assessment, was absolutely made up when we appointed CA but from midway through the season it became apparent his heart or interest wasn`t in it or he didn`t have a clue how to manage a club at our level.

What I don`t get is that Farhad didn`t appoint Moyes because of the fans YET he has appointed a far less popular manager with our fans... IF we are back managing on a budget I wouldn`t be against a Moyes appointment. At least the side will have been energetic, hard working and efficient. We have seen this with his West Ham side, would have taken Moyes over Benitez any day. But we thought we were aiming for bigger things with big ambition, I guess that bubble has burst.......

If you force him to stay though what level of effort do you get?

We wouldn't be forcing him to stay if no one bids for him mate. Also, if no one does come in for him before the window closes then it would be in Kean's best interest to get his head down and get on with it, if he does that and performs when he's called upon then that helps him to get a move away in the future, if he just goes into a massive sulk and can't be arsed then that could go against him when the transfer windows come around again.

I'm quite happy with Dumfries or McNeil

I'm absolutely not happy giving a lucrative contract to 32 year old Rondon who had been playing in China, or signing 3 squad players who are no better than the players we are trying to move on

You can't expect to get better by adding average players to an average squad. Our recruitment this summer so far has been poor and I fear it is about to get much worse.

No one should be happy with the direction of the club and no one should be happy with our business this summer. We are going backwards at a rate of noughts and I'm not going to get behind something I believe is not going to work.

We don't know we have gone backwards though - we haven't sold anyone good and replaced with crap have we?

We've replaced Benard and Walcott with Gray & Townsend thats it.

If the club replaced 2 goal Kean with Rondon I couldn't care less as its not going backwards.

If we finish the season 15th then I'll be right behind you in calling the club out but if we finish 8th-12th and miss out on Europe whilst dissapointing its to be expected until the core group of this squad is booted (Coleman, Siggurdsson, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Holgate).

We aint achieving anything with those players still getting on the pitch hence why the fume over Benitez is strange - what does it matter if Benitez is manager when Ancelotti could do nothing with this lot?

We wouldn't be forcing him to stay if no one bids for him mate. Also, if no one does come in for him before the window closes then it would be in Kean's best interest to get his head down and get on with it, if he does that and performs when he's called upon then that helps him to get a move away in the future, if he just goes into a massive sulk and can't be arsed then that could go against him when the transfer windows come around again.
I agree with you but if you end up with a sulky Kean for a whole season we are in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.