Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact we seem to be in negotiations with 2-3 players suggests its a case of waiting for 1-2 of ours to finalise moves elswhere.

If we were skint we wouldn't be in weeks worth of negotiations for players imo. The McNeil one is interesting as well - not loads of media talk about it but when Bad news Kirkbride says we are interested in a player along with O'Keefe & Joyce there is certainly something in it.

As you say we probably need to move a player out.

I would keep James, but if the club could get say £15m for him this shows as £15m pure profit. If you can spread payments on deals across 3 instalments- that allows you to spent 45m. If you can spread over 4 instalments you can spend 60m. 60m allows us to probably bring in- Dumfries, Nunes and McNeil/Koulibaly (just about). That's the calculation that is probably being done by the club.

I've seen DCL to Spurs linked a bit, and while I think everyone knows my admiration of the lad, we should hope Spurs get as much money as possible for Kane as there is potential to see some coming out way re DCL. If they were to get close to 150m, it's possibly we may get a Lukakuesque 90m ish fee for DCL. Again all profit. Such a fee would allow us to pay down some of the debt, and go on a massive splurge over the next 2 summers.

I would keep James, but if the club could get say £15m for him this shows as £15m pure profit. If you can spread payments on deals across 3 instalments- that allows you to spent 45m. If you can spread over 4 instalments you can spend 60m. 60m allows us to probably bring in- Dumfries, Nunes and McNeil/Koulibaly (just about). That's the calculation that is probably being done by the club.

I've seen DCL to Spurs linked a bit, and while I think everyone knows my admiration of the lad, we should hope Spurs get as much money as possible for Kane as there is potential to see some coming out way re DCL. If they were to get close to 150m, it's possibly we may get a Lukakuesque 90m ish fee for DCL. Again all profit. Such a fee would allow us to pay down some of the debt, and go on a massive splurge over the next 2 summers.
Main concern for me if we sell DCL or Richarlison for a big fee is how we spend the money. We’d need to buy a lot of goals.

Spurs would offer us £10m and Deli Ali for DCL mate and the clowns running our club would take it.

I thought maybe the James stuff was just a bunch of jarg.

but it keeps rumbling on? Could Rafael have made a stance, I can somewhat understand but its a tough one.

I don't understand it. He and our number 10 added 14 goals between them last season, with either unlikely to play this season where are those goals going to come from? James, as utterly frustrating as his injury record is, is the one and only creative spark in the entire squad. The only one who can unlock a defence and we're gonna bin him off just cause Benitez doesn't like him - probably due to his lack of a defensive side to his game.

Main concern for me if we sell DCL or Richarlison for a big fee is how we spend the money. We’d need to buy a lot of goals.

Losing one would be very difficult, but at some point we have to accept you need to buy and sell players and the DOF has to be able to buy players in.

I don't understand it. He and our number 10 added 14 goals between them last season, with either unlikely to play this season where are those goals going to come from? James, as utterly frustrating as his injury record is, is the one and only creative spark in the entire squad. The only one who can unlock a defence and we're gonna bin him off just cause Benitez doesn't like him - probably due to his lack of a defensive side to his game.
That's the only perspective I can imagine.

We can't get or currently have anyone who is as his talent going forward.

Doubled edged sword no doubt. Just depends in what you think your lacking, which in my opinion is definitely attacking vision

Status
Not open for further replies.