Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why we dont want to risk falling foul of FFP with trying to keep a low profile with Uncle Usmanov new stadium naming rights deal coming in but I honestly dont think we would be punished heavily either.

I reckon the club know FFP won't be a problem next summer for one reason and another so its a summer of sacrifice of careful expenditure and being prudent until being able to spend a good whack next summer.

FFP is for Europe isn’t it. You mean the premier leagues version

I’m going to be honest. Does anyone actually know how FFP works?! I know FFP for teams in Europe is different to the Premier Leagues profit and loss rules so when people say FFP they’re talking about UEFA rules and as we’re not in Europe o don’t think they apply.

In regards to what I’ve read it’s not very and doesn’t actually give complete time scales:

The published Premier League rules on financial fair play do not explicitly have a time bar. However, they do state that the rules are subject to UK law - and the Limitation Act states that any action for breach of contract has a time bar of six years.
It all seems rather complex, you have it in place and it's clearly there to keep the big clubs big and the rest away from them but then there is stuff like this: The structure of FFP makes the regulation illegal under the European Union's competition law. The predicted effect of FFP on the player market and competition between teams clearly violates EU competition law.

How can you possibly know that?

It’s fine though, if you think you know that’s great, you can get angry about a window where we’ve gone backwards before the end of the window if you like but personally I’ll wait and see where we are when it closes.
I'm not angry in the slightest mate. I just know what to expect.

I'd love him more than that but just doesn't seem possible. What I said from the beginning is we need to have someone in his position that can play more minutes so he's rotated out better. He's that good we should be winning games by like 50/60 minutes and then he can be taken off.
Will be interesting now we have added some pace to the attack just what he may be able to create..if he is here.

Looks like the choices for RB for the new season will be Coleman, Holgate or Kenny then, unless one of the latter 2 depart.

Similar position in midfield then as last season as well, unless we can offload Davies, Gomes and Delph.

think if we end up with pretty much the same squad as last season + Gray and Townsend we will be looking around a mid table finish again.

Looks like the choices for RB for the new season will be Coleman, Holgate or Kenny then, unless one of the latter 2 depart.

Similar position in midfield then as last season as well, unless we can offload Davies, Gomes and Delph.

think if we end up with pretty much the same squad as last season + Gray and Townsend we will be looking around a mid table finish again.
You really think RB came here to spend 1.5m? I think there will be ins and outs by September 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.