Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soz mate. They were fun shops when your parents had a few dozen full books though.

On transfers though, am I the only one wondering if this financial straight jacket was explained to the new manager before he signed up for it?

Thinking that, wonder how long before he's complaining about the owners and the lack of financial backing, he's never been shy about it in the past.

Thinking that, wonder how long before he's complaining about the owners and the lack of financial backing, he's never been shy about it in the past.

That was what prompted my mind worm. I just cant see why anyone would take a job based on "no money mate, good luck".

If you want to believe that fairytale then fair enough. Our profits and losses are visible to the public and the rules are also.

We won't be bringing anyone in for sufficient money without a sale first. That's the reality.
So my guess, based on the fact we’ve cleared a huge amount of wages we were paying last year is a fairytale but your guess, based on media nonsense and sadness that we’re skint is reality?

I heard the same story last year and then we’re spent around 20m a pop on Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey and definitely some big signing on fee on James.

I didn’t want Benitez, still don’t, but why the hell would he take a job where he knows he’ll start off mostly hated if he wasn’t given some money to spend? He spent his whole time at Newcastle whining about budget, he can’t pull that crap here without getting ran out of time because we aren’t like the geordie fans who thought he was some god.

Tend to agree, however being able to spend Mosh’s money without falling foul of FFP is a different matter.

FFP is for Europe isn’t it. You mean the premier leagues version
Tend to agree, however being able to spend Mosh’s money without falling foul of FFP is a different matter.
Imagine getting docked point and or a transfer ban with the current crop of shabite

I’m going to be honest. Does anyone actually know how FFP works?! I know FFP for teams in Europe is different to the Premier Leagues profit and loss rules so when people say FFP they’re talking about UEFA rules and as we’re not in Europe o don’t think they apply.

In regards to what I’ve read it’s not very and doesn’t actually give complete time scales:

The published Premier League rules on financial fair play do not explicitly have a time bar. However, they do state that the rules are subject to UK law - and the Limitation Act states that any action for breach of contract has a time bar of six years.

FFP is for Europe isn’t it. You mean the premier leagues version

I’m going to be honest. Does anyone actually know how FFP works?! I know FFP for teams in Europe is different to the Premier Leagues profit and loss rules so when people say FFP they’re talking about UEFA rules and as we’re not in Europe o don’t think they apply.

In regards to what I’ve read it’s not very and doesn’t actually give complete time scales:

The published Premier League rules on financial fair play do not explicitly have a time bar. However, they do state that the rules are subject to UK law - and the Limitation Act states that any action for breach of contract has a time bar of six years.
Glad we've cleared that one up.

Are we still skint?

So my guess, based on the fact we’ve cleared a huge amount of wages we were paying last year is a fairytale but your guess, based on media nonsense and sadness that we’re skint is reality?

I heard the same story last year and then we’re spent around 20m a pop on Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey and definitely some big signing on fee on James.

I didn’t want Benitez, still don’t, but why the hell would he take a job where he knows he’ll start off mostly hated if he wasn’t given some money to spend? He spent his whole time at Newcastle whining about budget, he can’t pull that crap here without getting ran out of time because we aren’t like the geordie fans who thought he was some god.
Mine isn't a guess, it's a fact. And I agreed with you last summer, I knew we had money to spend. We've pushed our luck for too long with overspending and until we sell, we will continue to be shopping in the bargain bucket.

And why would Benítez take this job? Because he's being paid handsomely and it's on his doorstep hahaha. Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.