Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
*BACKTRACK BACKTRACK

You said we would do well under Paellardyce.

Doing well is relative. You can't expect us to compete for Europe spending £1.5 million whilst the top sides are spending £50 million+ on international quality players.

You need to come to the acceptance of if the board can't adequately back Benitez this summer they wont be getting rid anytime soon.

Doing well is relative. You can't expect us to compete for Europe spending £1.5 million whilst the top sides are spending £50 million+ on international quality players.

You need to come to the acceptance of if the board can't adequately back Benitez this summer they wont be getting rid anytime soon.

So are you accepting that we’ve hired Benitez to keep us mid table for the next 2-3 seasons?

Ancelotti had us in the Champions League spots at Christmas, and challenging for Europe with as little as 3 games left.

I'd expect the same or better with this group of players, seeing as the signings we've made so far are so fantastic.

Ancelotti had us in the Champions League spots at Christmas, and challenging for Europe with as little as 3 games left.

I'd expect the same or better with this group of players, seeing as the signings we've made so far are so fantastic.

Ultimately we finished 10th with the team who finished 11th looking the better side.

Utd have spent over £100 million on Sancho & Varane

Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs are both spending on decent quality.

Villa have signed Buendia & after Bailey

West Ham and Leeds will also still be around.

Realistically if the window closed tomorrow I would expect us to finish anywhere from 9th-11th.

Last season was a freak season. We played well in about 5 games in total. I don’t think you should be expecting a challenge for Europe this year.

We have recorded £140m losses with £67m due to Covid.

This is the slowest transfer window for all clubs but of the Covid losses effected everyone.

We have saved a million a month on the turds we sold/let go/contract expired. We still have alot of wages being used by players like:
Sigurdsson, Delph, Kenny etc so we could find ourselves with some additional fees and wages.

I think we'll see some movement this week.

Strange how we can’t sign players due to FFP yet currently have no sleeve sponsor on the shirt. Moshiri and Usmanov have found some really creative ways to put money into the club through other forms of sponsorship, £5m per year for three years paid up front would pay for Dumfries.
It is odd that we haven’t got a sleeve sponsor. I can understand why Moshiri/Usmanov may not want one of their companies sponsoring it as they might be fearful of an investigation (even if they did it at fair value). But even if we signed one with an outsider for a couple of million a year that’s a big bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.