Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
…it really doesn’t matter what we thought, we’re not paid a vast amount of money to get these deals right. It’s not a popularity contest.
I understand that, but at the time, fees paid for gomes and kean. Many were happy with. But because they’ve not worked out, they are useless and a waste of money.

I understand that, but at the time, fees paid for gomes and kean. Many were happy with. But because they’ve not worked out, they are useless and a waste of money.

…it really is Brands job to make things work out. Sure, there’ll be failures but you hope they will be inexpensive and in the minority.

The following players were recruited under his tenure

Iwobi
Delph
Gomes
Kean

All of them have been underwhelming signings who haven't performed and we need to move some of them on.

Bernard was another of his signings who didn't perform, but thankfully we were able to find him a new club. Gbamin has just been bad luck - not blaming anyone on that.

He needs to find solutions to improve the squad. The 3 signings we have made are not going to help us compete unless they are supplemented by quality players around them. We need a right back urgently. I just cannot understand how we still have't brought one in on a permanent contract. We needed one the day Brands joined the club.

It's not even so much who we bring in, it's the gaps left in the squad every summer. We let our only back up forward go on loan last season without a replacement. I had no issue with letting Kean go, but no replacement left us extremely short of options. Walcott was a similar one. He had a bit of pace and something different but we let him go without a replacement.
Which is why I said "most" in my post. I could name at least a dozen other players bought or given contract extensions under other regimes who we struggled to get fees for.

I fully understand your frustration Tim and agree with most of your points. I just think it's wrong to single out Brands for not getting decent fees for those players he never brought in himself, which is the majority.

I cannot keep up with this thread. so may names mentioned and rumoured in the media who knows were it will all end. What is closing date for transfers?

It's almost as if they don't really rate him and are surprised that mid-table English Clubs with cash to burn are going mental over him.
He did have a poor season, the season before last apparently. But is lightning fast by all accounts. I think we’re so desperate for a shiny new name. We clutch on to anything.

Either the club don’t have the money or they don’t feel he’s worth the fee. I remember Brands saying Lozano wasn’t worth 40mil when he went to Napoli. Though he did spend 28 on iwobi lol

aim for bailey, sign willock for 50 mil on the last day of the season

everton that

tenor.gif

I cannot keep up with this thread. so may names mentioned and rumoured in the media who knows were it will all end. What is closing date for transfers?

Probably the day we start doing actual business in the market.

By business, I mean loaning all our rubbish out, with us paying all their wages and probably paying the club they are going to a loan fee lol lol lol

Everton that

Status
Not open for further replies.