Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem IS pace though - him and Allan in a midfield 3 is just too slow which leaves either Doucoure or Gbamin with too much to do defensively.

I think to allow James to play central you need a Gana type who just buzzes around sweeping up.

Its the whole Gomes argument - the fella tries he just can't do the required pressing/running in this league.
We played James pretty much as a central forward yesterday.

Allan can do exactly what Gana did in terms of buzzing about but then you need someone to be disciplined next to him - and yes that would take away from Doucoure's game.

Then again mate, our main issue is we are incapable of playing out from the back because we don't have a single midfielder, bar Davies, who is capable of getting the ball off the defence and turning out with it, and Davies can't carry it well anyway.

James has the quality which makes the difference. Get the ball into him in the areas he can do damage. We need another midfielder because we lack anyone who can play deep and actually get on the ball.

From last year alone

Anthony Knockaert -£10m
Alexander Sorloth - £18m
Rhian Brewster - £23m
Dejan Lovren - £10m
Nicolas Otamendi - £13m
Chris Smalling - £13m
Kyle Walker Peters - £12m
Oliver Burke - £6m
Sebastien Haller - £20m
Albien Ajeti - £5m
Thanks for doing my dirty work. I'm working on my laziness but also suffer from procrastination.

If money is the issue then it's up to Brands to bring in some transfer fees. If he had found some buyers over the last few years rather than loaning players out till the end of their contracts, we'd be in a better place.

We need to improve the squad so they need to find ways to do it. There are zero excuses for anyone involved in our recruitment. The problems we have currently are all down to poor recruitment, it's our own fault. If we start the season with this squad then we are in enormous trouble.
I'm sorry Tim I don't agree.

I'm not a lover of what Brands has done since he's been here. He's pretty much underwhelmed.

But he never bought in most of these average players and gave them silly wages. That's an horrific combination when it comes to offloading.

His hands have been pretty much tied with outgoings. I do think he could have done a lot better with incomings though.

Does FFP only affect wages being spent ?

Or does it restrict transfer fees? Thought it was just wages?
STCC was something the Premier League brought in which main focus was wages, they scrapped it a few years back.
FFP was something UEFA brought in to stop clubs from spending above their means, LOL, I mean no, that wasnt the reason, but thats what they hid behind, its still technically around, but since Covid its become useless and I suspect it will be changed soon.
The Premier League currently has its own rules which focus on profit and loss of the overall business, again with covid it was tweaked, but its still a "thing".

FFP and the Premier League P&L both focus on the profilt and loss of the business and "prevents" clubs from losing more than 105m every 3 year cycle, for context, Everton as a business has lost roughly 300m, in the last 2 years alone, but some of that was for the stadium and with covid some years were averaged.

We paid, what, £25m?

We'll get £25m, I'm confident of that, if we sell him.

He's easily worth it. I'm not talking about 45 mins of a pre-season friendly here. He's scored 18 goals in a team which got to the CL semi-finals - he was their second-leading scorer last season.

PSG have got to clear players out like most clubs have. it'll be a deal that,if it happens, probably happens late. But it just means we can't have our entire window depend on it.
I'm not as confident as you but I guess we'll see soon enough.

The PL did not scrap STCC, they modified it (loosening the wage cap) and effectively waived it for a year due to Covid by letting two years be combined & Covid related losses excluded covering 2019-21 seasons.

It is not currently clear what if any adjustments PL will allow for 2021/22 but STCC still exists as a set of rules (minus strict wage cap) with the 3 year cumulative loss cap of £105m the HUGE problem for EFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.