Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was meant to have been very good at Sevilla.

Hes has a poor year at Barca, but that doesnt automatically make him a poor player. It might mean you end up getting a good player, available at a fee well below what you would usually pay.

I've seen 15/16m being thrown about, which is it an enormous amount of money by any stretch. He also seems to be the "football brain" type Benitez wants.
Interesting you use that phrase because from what I've seen (admittedly a small sample size), he's the complete opposite of that. I think Barca fans question if he actually has a brain. The reaction to us taking him is being met with similar disbelief and joy that we got from Arsenal fans for taking Iwobi.

From what I've seen of Lenglet (and I have also consulted a couple of Barca fans to see if I had it wrong, but they confirmed): So many daft leg swings, own goals, missed headers and red cards - absolutely nothing between the ears.

Gbamin is back, he's training fully, what makes you think he won't become a first teamer now. Modern medicine pretty good as are rehab facilities. I don't think Gbamin deserves to be in that conversation with the wasters.
Its far too risky to go into a new season with him as your option given the last two years. I am desperate for him to succeed, but two years out at this level really will take some time and effort to get back up to pre-performance levels. I am not saying ditch him, I am saying our MF was crying out for quality and the OP was suggesting we did not need to get anyone in because we had him. Gomes, Davies,Delph and Baningeme, I am suggesting that this is not enough if we want to kick on from last years pedestrian performances

That is not what I am doing. Read my above post, you might understand.

Why I am explaining to you after you suggested we do not need a new RB cos we have Seamus and Kenny....
Hardly throwing them under a bus if the old manager thought we needed an upgrade, the majority of fans do and the new manager, seemingly after assessing them for two weeks, also thinks the same.

The only person who hasn't realised it would seem is @Theoneandonly who is giving insider info...so I can only assume the new manager has had a rethink

Its far too risky to go into a new season with him as your option given the last two years. I am desperate for him to succeed, but two years out at this level really will take some time and effort to get back up to pre-performance levels. I am not saying ditch him, I am saying our MF was crying out for quality and the OP was suggesting we did not need to get anyone in because we had him. Gomes, Davies,Delph and Baningeme, I am suggesting that this is not enough if we want to kick on from last years pedestrian performances
I agree with this, even if he's fit we need better for rotation

Lenglet left footed centre back, maybe Rafael is going with 5 at the back, would make sense then as Dumfries or Lenglet by all accounts can't defend.

Dumfries Godfrey Keane Lenglet Digne

Gbamin
Allan. Doucoure
James
DCL. Richy

That back 5 i reckon would concede 2 or 3 a game...

People are quick to throw players under the bus and brand them as not good enough, when bad under a previous manager.

Watching players for 2+ years is "quick" ?

I can tell you that, Keane, Gomes, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Coleman, Tosun, Delph, Bernard...are also not "quick" nor are they good players.

If Benitez follows the same thinking as youre saying and doesnt move those players on then hes going to be sacked...very, very quickly.

That back 5 i reckon would concede 2 or 3 a game...

Watching players for 2+ years is "quick" ?

I can tell you that, Keane, Gomes, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Coleman, Tosun, Delph, Bernard...are also not "quick" nor are they good players.

If Benitez follows the same thinking as youre saying and doesnt move those players on then hes going to be sacked...very, very quickly.
I think he was replying to me about JPG Zat

Status
Not open for further replies.