Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What changed the thinking from early July?
AS soon as he wrote the following, I knew he was an nut-job

Why do we need a RB? We have Coleman and Kenny.

Why do we need a CM? We have Gbamin, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Davies, Delph, Baningime.

Why do we need a CB? We have Mina, Godfrey, Keane, Holgate and Branthwaite.

RW I agree with and a replacement for James/Richarlison.

Edit, I like some of these players but, they are either off or not at the level we need

I agree with your whole give young players opportunity thing but we cant just do it for the sake of it if they arent good enough.
They need to of been given the correct coaching, mentaly & physically to survive first team enviroments......i dont think that has happened.
I dont know to much about under 16s and below, but the under 18s and under 23s are a mess.

By the way i included bellerin because he went to arsenal at 15.
DCL, Stones & Holgate all moved to us after there 18th birthday and after a few months all got fastracked to the first team (maybe a sign the experience/coaching elsewere prepared them for something better than our u23s)

I'm pretty sure Holgate spent a year + with our under 23s and Stones and Stones over 6 months. This isnt a short amount of time. It's also worth saying we signed Stones before his 18th birthday. In most other sides under 23s, players arent spending much more than a year with them. They just tend to go out on loan more.

As for the lack of good coaching or it being a mess at under 18s and/or under 23s I genuinely dont know about that. I'm not saying it isnt a mess, but what is your evidence for it being a mess?

From the outside, it looks to me like we have pushed a lot of lads up to or around the 1st team between say 17-19 and that's the point most have stalled.

Only seen Lenglet play a few times but every time I have he hasn’t looked great. Still, he beat off some very good centrebacks to make the France euros squad so he must have something about him.

He was meant to have been very good at Sevilla.

Hes has a poor year at Barca, but that doesnt automatically make him a poor player. It might mean you end up getting a good player, available at a fee well below what you would usually pay.

I've seen 15/16m being thrown about, which is it an enormous amount of money by any stretch. He also seems to be the "football brain" type Benitez wants.

Lenglet left footed centre back, maybe Rafael is going with 5 at the back, would make sense then as Dumfries or Lenglet by all accounts can't defend.

Dumfries Godfrey Keane Lenglet Digne

Gbamin
Allan. Doucoure
James
DCL. Richy

AS soon as he wrote the following, I knew he was an nut-job

Why do we need a RB? We have Coleman and Kenny.

Why do we need a CM? We have Gbamin, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Davies, Delph, Baningime.

Why do we need a CB? We have Mina, Godfrey, Keane, Holgate and Branthwaite.

RW I agree with and a replacement for James/Richarlison.

Edit, I like some of these players but, they are either off or not at the level we need
Gbamin is back, he's training fully, what makes you think he won't become a first teamer now. Modern medicine pretty good as are rehab facilities. I don't think Gbamin deserves to be in that conversation with the wasters.

Gbamin is back, he's training fully, what makes you think he won't become a first teamer now. Modern medicine pretty good as are rehab facilities. I don't think Gbamin deserves to be in that conversation with the wasters.

People are quick to throw players under the bus and brand them as not good enough, when bad under a previous manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.