Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no reason why we shouldn’t be able to produce Premier League players, even with the competition in the area, we are the 3rd biggest club in the north west. I don’t even think it’s a case of inadequate youth recruitment, it’s that our players just stop developing as soon as they hit the under 23s.
We aren't bigger than City, United or Liverpool, and thats a hell of a lot of competition for the one or two players in the area that come through every year that might make good premier league players

Think its more average than appalling. Youth recruitment is the main determining factor in the quality of players coming out of the youth team... And we have really tough competition in the north west hence the difficulties bringing through a lot of first teamers.

But on that point... He has made it to the first team by the age of 16. There is one player in front of him... what else could he want?

Badly advised...
Yes for example is he going to get much time at Utd or Arsenal? still 16 what more does he want at that age, very few make it untill they are in their 20s, money will be the key.

We aren't bigger than City, United or Liverpool, and thats a hell of a lot of competition for the one or two players in the area that come through every year that might make good premier league players

…kids in demand will consider where they have the best chance, so it’s not all about the biggest clubs. A youngster has to be in the Foden bracket to come through at City which makes them not the biggest attraction.

Often it’s the first club that enquire about a youngster that acquires him because parents are often on an ego trip, ‘our Jimmy has just signed for Everton’.

But players all develop differently, so better coaching at youth level could surely make Premier League players out of more than 1 player in about 10 years?

But players all develop differently, so better coaching at youth level could surely make Premier League players out of more than 1 player in about 10 years?
I think the pipeline of Gordon, Davies and Barkley is about par for a club like us... but it's really difficult to say.

Think its easier to say which clubs are doing it better than us, then look at what competition and catchment they have for youth recruitment, then maybe you can start thinking about whether their recruitment or their training is better than ours.

It's really easy to say youth training at Everton is rubbish, but I think, as others have suggested the problem is more continuing players development between 18-21 via loans then selling the players (or integrating them) that has been the problem at Everton.

I think the pipeline of Gordon, Davies and Barkley is about par for a club like us... but it's really difficult to say.

Think its easier to say which clubs are doing it better than us, then look at what competition and catchment they have for youth recruitment, then maybe you can start thinking about whether their recruitment or their training is better than ours.

It's really easy to say youth training at Everton is rubbish, but I think, as others have suggested the problem is more continuing players development between 18-21 via loans then selling the players (or integrating them) that has been the problem at Everton.

I don’t necessarily think our youth coaching is poor generally speaking, our teams always seem to do well at youth level. What I have noticed though, is that players seem to plateau once they reach a certain age group. The thing that’s missing in our setup is enabling players to bridge that gap between academy football and professional football. I’m not saying it would instantly solve our problems, but I think we should start to consider removing Unsworth.

Two blokes who caused us problems last season - Brighton's Moder and Trossard. Probably not quite Everton class but still. both in mid 20s.

I'm trolling through old games looking for talent that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
There is something about Trossard's face that I do not like.
He is the only footballer I would not buy of the strength of this.

I don’t necessarily think our youth coaching is poor generally speaking, our teams always seem to do well at youth level. What I have noticed though, is that players seem to plateau once they reach a certain age group. The thing that’s missing in our setup is enabling players to bridge that gap between academy football and professional football. I’m not saying it would instantly solve our problems, but I think we should start to consider removing Unsworth.
My problem is that we go out and buy quite a few kids "for the future", most of which look pretty good on paper.
They then disappear into the Youth Academy.
Probably a few years later they perhaps get a short run in the first team due to injuries and look pretty good.
Then they disappear.
They are then suddenly 23 so end up being loaned out "for some experience" and then promptly sold for peanuts a year or two later.

They either were't good enough in the first place and therefore should have been moved on a bit quicker, earlier to give them a better change of a proper career elsewhere, or, their opportunities in the first team are being hampered buy our bloated squad and underachieving players who always still get picked before them.
There is a complete lack of ruthlessness about the club. I don't think it's even the managers. They should accept that not all youth players make it here and not be afraid to release the ones who are not good enough, similarly, it is OK to acknowledge that not all players bought for the first teams are success either. They can be moved on if it is not working for both sides. Yes the insecurity about landing players (hence offering them silly money) plays a part in this, but First Team Constipation is causing problems all the way down the Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.