Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the Ben White link at all, we've got 4 CBs in thd squad and 2 younger ones coming through. Maybe it's the agent, trying to get Arsenal to up their bid. Only other thing I could see is we are selling 2 CBs.
Ben White is excellent and will be in the England set up for years. Believe we will sell Holgate who is gash @ForeverBlue92 totally agree. Also believe Mina will move on, great CB but never fit.

so leaving Keane, for when we park the bus, Godfrey to play alongside White for the next 10 Years and Braithwaite as back up

If not sure about Ben White talk to Leeds fans over him, they will have a fappfest

I can't see many players being interested in playing for a mediocre team that can't offer Europe and won't be able to for sometime. I hope I'm wrong, but other than wages what do we offer?

I certainly would expect him to be more finished than he is at this age.

Treble his fee is at least 60m. Go check how many CBs cost that. Let's at least be reasonable.

His time at LB showed me he's not a LB. It told me nothing about his ability to play CB. I think using his defending at LB as proof he's going to be able to defend centrally is a bad idea.

I sort of agree, we need more signings like Godfrey, but I think better value exists.

I honestly don't think I've ever disagreed with a post more in my life. Seriously what are you on about?

Why is seeing someone in a defensive position defending mean it can't be used as a way to see a person's defensive capabilities?

As well as Godfrey played 23 times as a cb for us last season and he did fairly well for a lad in his second season in the Premier league and I cant really think of many mistakes hes made.

I do find it funny reading posts that are trying so hard to be contrarian that you are going after the one player who had such a good season last season that we all fell in love with the lad. He was the one player that we all can universally agree had a good season.

But you've made up your mind and you'll never change it because to change your mind would be to admit you were wrong. So the lad could win the ballon d'Or and you'd still be slating him on here.

Morning Toffees :)

If true then i think Mina or Keane are out the door for £20-30mil which makes this a reasonable upgrade for the difference in fee.

I havent seen much of him but he 'fits the profile' of what I think we need:

u23
England International
Has come up the leagues
Hungry
Mobile
Good paaser
Can play multiple positions
We can switch from 4 to 3 at the back
Partner for Godfrey
Adds to Pickford, Godfrey, DCL in England squad.

Interesting to see if he would be seen as a CB or a DM by Benitez...

I think we need a CB, RB and DM...hopefully hes one of the 3.
Morning toffees

The fact that we need about 4 positions filled first.

But sound, let’s launch 50 big ones on another CB and take our inventory up to 6
Obviously we need other players, but being sniffy at potentially buying a player who would immediately become our best centre back is really, really odd.

The owner has shown he is prepare to throw money at the club irrespective of FFP; we need to drop the small time mentality and be happy that we're being linked with this nature of player.

If by whatever means White is signed, do you not think that they club would have spotted they then have 6 centre halves? I'd be pretty confident that players would leave as a result. Which ones don't matter really as White would be better than them.

Everton improve by buying better players. You don't spurn the opportunity to improve an area of the field just because you have players in that position already.

I honestly don't think I've ever disagreed with a post more in my life. Seriously what are you on about?

Why is seeing someone in a defensive position defending mean it can't be used as a way to see a person's defensive capabilities?

As well as Godfrey played 23 times as a cb for us last season and he did fairly well for a lad in his second season in the Premier league and I cant really think of many mistakes hes made.

I do find it funny reading posts that are trying so hard to be contrarian that you are going after the one player who had such a good season last season that we all fell in love with the lad. He was the one player that we all can universally agree had a good season.

But you've made up your mind and you'll never change it because to change your mind would be to admit you were wrong. So the lad could win the ballon d'Or and you'd still be slating him on here.
Can't argue with someone who constantly backs iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.