Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
£20m upfront and £30m over a few years is....... £50m!!!!! What am I missing here? You do know that no transfer fee is ever paid upfront in totality don't you? I think PSG are still paying off Barca for Neymar!!!

Aarons Mina Godfrey Digne would be an very good first choice back 4. No chance we need a £50m centre half, unless we get £25m for Holgate or something mad like that.

You stumping up the £50m? Why you bothered?

Morning Toffees :)

If true then i think Mina or Keane are out the door for £20-30mil which makes this a reasonable upgrade for the difference in fee.

I havent seen much of him but he 'fits the profile' of what I think we need:

u23
England International
Has come up the leagues
Hungry
Mobile
Good paaser
Can play multiple positions
We can switch from 4 to 3 at the back
Partner for Godfrey
Adds to Pickford, Godfrey, DCL in England squad.

Interesting to see if he would be seen as a CB or a DM by Benitez...

I think we need a CB, RB and DM...hopefully hes one of the 3.
Needs more multi quotes.

I honestly can see the White rumour being true.

Unless Rafael evaluated the defenders and said I'll keep Godfrey and Digne and the rest can do one, which could also be true.

I honestly can see the White rumour being true.

Unless Rafael evaluated the defenders and said I'll keep Godfrey and Digne and the rest can do one, which could also be true.
There were a number of reports in the media last season that the club weren’t happy with our CB options. Maybe the lack of pace to play a higher line.

Would be surprised if this had legs but you never know.

If he wants to play with a 3 centre back tactic , not only will we need at least one more CB we are definitely gonna need a top RB otherwise we will have no width whatsoever with Coleman's legs going and Kenny's inability to do cross with any precision .

Oh yeah I agree. Rafael will probably want to keep the local boys in the club though.

Kenny only has 1 year left on his contract doesn't he. So probably would be wise to flog him.

I know at Newcastle, he had Yedlin who was a very fast wing back, at Napoli he had Maggio who could also play right mid, at Liverpool he had Johnson who was a pacy full back.

Oh yeah I agree. Rafael will probably want to keep the local boys in the club though.

Kenny only has 1 year left on his contract doesn't he. So probably would be wise to flog him.

I know at Newcastle, he had Yedlin who was a very fast wing back, at Napoli he had Maggio who could also play right mid, at Liverpool he had Johnson who was a pacy full back.
I liked Yedlin but he seems like a bit of a meme when you talk to a Geordie about him . He was such a good athlete .

I’d be more gutted if we spent £50 million on White than getting Rafael to be honest.
Depends on whether they backed that up with a few other good signings. If he was our only major signing then I’d be a bit disappointed.

Still think it’s just paper talk though, although the £20mill up front and £30mill on the drip is classic Everton lol

Depends on whether they backed that up with a few other good signings. If he was our only major signing then I’d be a bit disappointed.

Still think it’s just paper talk though, although the £20mill up front and £30mill on the drip is classic Everton lol
Not true these days it's classic rs. They can't afford anyone up front whereas we pay a fortune and then have 5 years to regret it.

He is good, potentially very good.

50M is a lot though. We really could do with some inspired bargains.
How do you know? He is miles better than Holgate and better than Dunk was as a teenager. Leeds supporters might know?

When do Brighton sell players? Surfeit of central defenders, some will go. Duffy!

I quite like Dunk, but speak to any Brighton fan and they'll tell you he has a habit of picking up red cards

Status
Not open for further replies.