Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Benitez wouldn’t be coming and torching his RS rep without a huge chunk to spend. I’d be surprised if we are looking to buy a cb before strengthening other areas but if we’re planning three or four big moves we could do a lot worse than White, very good up and comer.

We may be well stocked in numbers but Godfrey aside, our CBs are fragile and always have been.

Keane and Holgate hugely erratic. I don't think they are good enough to get us top four solely due to the fact they always have a mistake in them.

Mina is different in that he is a warrior and whilst is combative, again prone to mistakes.

I think signing a CB is perfectly reasonable as I wouldn't want any of those three (maybe Mina) in my team if I'm a team looking to get European football.
A good manager should be able to get something out of Holgate.

We have seen periods of him being good and periods of him being crap. He has all the tools needed to be a top modern defender. Just needs someone to get into his head a bit I reckon as he switches off far too much. There is a player in there.

A good manager should be able to get something out of Holgate.

We have seen periods of him being good and periods of him being crap. He has all the tools needed to be a top modern defender. Just needs someone to get into his head a bit I reckon as he switches off far too much. There is a player in there.

Holgates tosh mate.

WBA really was his level.

Surely Benitez wouldn’t be coming and torching his RS rep without a huge chunk to spend. I’d be surprised if we are looking to buy a cb before strengthening other areas but if we’re planning three or four big moves we could do a lot worse than White, very good up and comer.
You would think so. I expect some massive changes. There kind of have to be. Could you imagine what it will be like if after the past couple of days we then turn around as say "we will go with what we have got"?

The manager is in a tough position from the get go, they simply HAVE to back him.

Well ignoring the quality season he had for us after that of course...

Get him to Pickford's sport psychologist. In fact get half the squad there. He has done wonders for Pickford.

I do wonder if there's an issue with young players doubting themselves. They're at a club with Top 4 ambitions but they've been part of teams wildly missing that - must be hard for it not to play on you even if it's not directly the fault of your ability

Is Ben White any good? Brighton have already squandered the £50 million on forwards that can't shoot for toffee.

You do spout some absolute bubbles at times.

You really think Holgate is any good?

Every CB who plays next to him falls to pieces. All he does is stroll around thinking he's Maldini before long passing it out for a GK.

People cant moan about Benitez not getting us challenging for Europe whilst in the same breathe believing players like Holgate are good enough for this club.

You really think Holgate is any good?

Every CB who plays next to him falls to pieces. All he does is stroll around thinking he's Maldini before long passing it out for a GK.

People cant moan about Benitez not getting us challenging for Europe whilst in the same breathe believing players like Holgate are good enough for this club.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.