Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
White would be a good addition but as others have said spending £50m on a centre back shouldn’t be a priority this summer. Unless we bring in the funds from selling Keane and Mina (or Holgate) or we are going to spend an absolute fortune which I don’t see happening.

Much bigger holes in our squad than CB

Unless the terms of the payment make sense FFP speaking for us - similar to RS buying Jota for £45 million with staggered instalment payments.

If the interest in Dumfries is legit then you would imagine we'll be going 3 at the back so potentially could see us looking at someone like White to partner a Godfrey with atleast one of Keane/Mina/Holgate leaving.

You would think Holgate would be someone Brighton would be looking at to replace White in terms of the age/profile.

Ben White would be an unreal signing if possible.

Exactly the type of purchase we’d need to make. Right profile, right age, brilliant player.

well we need to see who benitez wants or doesn’t etc he must know how he thinks the squad is etc

I cant see many second chances being given - he’ll be well aware of the quality of this squad.

There was talk a few months back of Mina wanting out as well, and with his injury record, its probably clever to cash in.

I cant see many second chances being given - he’ll be well aware of the quality of this squad.

There was talk a few months back of Mina wanting out as well, and with his injury record, its probably clever to cash in.

deffo interesting to see who he wants to bring in and sell, spanish players? newcastle?

As others have said, I bet we're just being used to make Arsenal slam more money on the table for White.

But to be honest, I would love it. And I say that as someone who rates both Mina and Godfrey highly. White is a totally different profile - a modern, versatile CB who is a tremendous passer. He'll be a part of the England set up for years and could be a great fit alongside Godfrey. I don't think that price is crazy at all. But at this point we haven't been given any indication that this club is ready to start splashing cash on positions where we're well stocked.

As others have said, I bet we're just being used to make Arsenal slam more money on the table for White.

But to be honest, I would love it. And I say that as someone who rates both Mina and Godfrey highly. White is a totally different profile - a modern, versatile CB who is a tremendous passer. He'll be a part of the England set up for years and could be a great fit alongside Godfrey. I don't think that price is crazy at all. But at this point we haven't been given any indication that this club is ready to start splashing cash on positions where we're well stocked.

We may be well stocked in numbers but Godfrey aside, our CBs are fragile and always have been.

Keane and Holgate hugely erratic. I don't think they are good enough to get us top four solely due to the fact they always have a mistake in them.

Mina is different in that he is a warrior and whilst is combative, again prone to mistakes.

I think signing a CB is perfectly reasonable as I wouldn't want any of those three (maybe Mina) in my team if I'm a team looking to get European football.

Unless the terms of the payment make sense FFP speaking for us - similar to RS buying Jota for £45 million with staggered instalment payments.

If the interest in Dumfries is legit then you would imagine we'll be going 3 at the back so potentially could see us looking at someone like White to partner a Godfrey with atleast one of Keane/Mina/Holgate leaving.

You would think Holgate would be someone Brighton would be looking at to replace White in terms of the age/profile.
If that were the case I’d be all for it. But it would rely on us having deals lined up for at least one of those 3 and probably 2.

We have seen how hard it is to offload our players and we couldn’t afford to make that outlay without knowing what else is likely to come in. If we spent that money and ended up with all those centre backs it really causes issues in terms of who else we can bring in and the balance of the squad.

As I say, if we had a chance of pulling it off and it made sense financially I’d be all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.