Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's fair. Watching him now his touch, hold up play etc is just so much better than it used to be. When Belgium played England he gave an absolute masterclass in centre forward play. I honestly don't think we coached him at all (or Stones, or Barkley, or Deulofeu). It was the Martinez way, just tell them how good they are and let them get on with it. Seems like Conte has actually worked on his weaknesses and he's got better at stuff. Can't see it catching on.
I'd be interested to see how he got on if he had another go of it in England or Spain, but I wouldn't put too much stock in his performances in Italy, where they come under so much less pressure on the ball.

Actually, I say that, but I'd definitely still just pan him at every opportunity, the big gym hero.

I’m just talking about I would sell for 80mil

And if we add it’s down to who we get.
if we go for another youngster IE kean, then again that could not work again.

If we go for a good experienced type, Ings( not for me) and he wouldn’t leave Southampton to sit in the bench.

And if we go for a top class striker, who puts DCL in the bench, he will leave the following summer anyway.

If ancelotti was going to play 2 strikers, which he might, then fine add another quality striker.
1. As we saw when Rom left It's not that easy to find quality strikers let alone ones who score 15-20 goals. We sell Dom we take a huge step back for me. Look at our goal difference we need more goals not less.

2. Yes he has still aspects of his game to brush up on but he has improved massively. I am not saying the club wouldn't consider it but I don't even believe 80m is his eventual value I think it will go up if he has another good season. A young, English striker who can net 20goals a season he would be in demand.

3. We could go for a wide forward who can play across the front three who would get games off the right and off the bench who has pace and who can create and score. Again you need options selling our focal point right now would be foolish.

Last edited:
Oh, he definitely had his uses. Him barging past the Nathan Bakers and Ciaran Clarks of the league was genuinely something to behold.

It was more the general performances for me. You're not going to get anything against the top sides if the ball doesn't stick up top.
You could try being able to compete in midfield. It's a novel idea I know

So which teams do you think it's acceptable for us to purchase players from?

Assuming he's not being sarcastic, most people that take that position believe we should be buying young quality from below rather than paying big bucks for players rejected by sides above us. You can buy a Digne that way, but that pool also has the Schnederlins, Delphs and Iwobis in it.

I would argue that Chelsea is something of a special case due to Abramovich. The win-now mentality of the club, enforced by the proverbial sword of Damocles hovering over every manager's head, has led them to do a poor job of utilizing young players with breakout potential. They've cast out arguably two top ten players in world football in the last decade, plus Lukaku.

Assuming he's not being sarcastic, most people that take that position believe we should be buying young quality from below rather than paying big bucks for players rejected by sides above us. You can buy a Digne that way, but that pool also has the Schnederlins, Delphs and Iwobis in it.

I would argue that Chelsea is something of a special case due to Abramovich. The win-now mentality of the club, enforced by the proverbial sword of Damocles hovering over every manager's head, has led them to do a poor job of utilizing young players with breakout potential. They've cast out arguably two top ten players in world football in the last decade, plus Lukaku.
There is a list somewhere of players who have gone through the Chelsea youth setup but who never really played for the first team or maybe just played a few times in euro games, some of the names on it are just frightening.

Ok fair enough. But I guess the solution is to just buy good players regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.