Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that's not really "plans", is it? The whole point is to plan for long term regardless of who the manager is. Brands' job is absolutely useless if he doesn't even do that part.
You can't succession plan in football management! There is way too much uncertainty, you are only ever a few losses from sacking them or a phone call away from losing them to a bigger club! I can't think of one club in English football that has ever had a succession plan and been successful!

Well, if I was a player I wouldn't be signing for a midtable English club without a clue who the manager is and therefore get some assurances over whether they'd want to play me or not.
You're right. However, if we had a sensible DoF strategy, e.g. Ragnick during his time at Leipzig, then potential signings could have looked at that and thought "ok, I get where I would play". That's not us though, we're chaos, so if I was a player I wouldn't go anywhere near us currently.

The problem is he's director of football not director of transfers and the football has, rather incredibly when you consider where we were when he came on, gotten worse.
Do you genuinely think it's all his fault? In my opinion half the managers we've had in his time here probably weren't his choice. Many of the players were probably not his choice. I think if he was given space to work how he did at PSV then things would be a lot different.

Same might even be said of Walsh. I think Moshiri picks managers and then buys who they want (as well as a few that his shady agent pals throw his way).

Do you genuinely think it's all his fault? In my opinion half the managers we've had in his time here probably weren't his choice. Many of the players were probably not his choice. I think if he was given space to work how he did at PSV then things would be a lot different.

Same might even be said of Walsh. I think Moshiri picks managers and then buys who they want (as well as a few that his shady agent pals throw his way).
Brands it appears to me is in a mainly advisory role, he seems to be focussing more on the youth team, negotiating transfers. I very much doubt he has chosen any of the managers. Some of the players don't smell like him too

I hate, absolutely hate, agreeing with @TheBigIguana but the whole point of a DoF is continuity when there is coaching changes. The fact we are not doing anything regarding transfers underlines how utterly pointless Brands' role is. Brands should be deciding upon the transfer policy and the vast majority of the playing staff because that is the job of a DoF. Look at the mess our squad is in after short term manager after short term manager is allowed to buy their favourites with no view to the broader balance of the squad. Brands is a giant waste of space. Oh God, I am agreeing with @davek as well, what is going on!!
Go and lie down in a dark room.......
Come back in a month.

We are skint, need to sell before we buy the same as every other season.

You mean like last season where we made less then £4m in player sales and spent over £60m?

Or the 18/19 season where we made £25m in player sales but spent £90m?

Our issue isn't that we're sell to buy its the exact opposite we don't sell enough. In the last 5 years most of the players we bought have walked out of the club for free or a nominal fee. That needs addressing we need to be making profits on the playes we sell its the only way we can survive as a club in this football landscape.

You mean like last season where we made less then £4m in player sales and spent over £60m?

Or the 18/19 season where we made £25m in player sales but spent £90m?

Our issue isn't that we're sell to buy its the exact opposite we don't sell enough. In the last 5 years most of the players we bought have walked out of the club for free or a nominal fee. That needs addressing we need to be making profits on the playes we sell its the only way we can survive as a club in this football landscape.
The main problem is we have been buying crap for massively overinflated prices and stick them on huge wages. So they are impossible to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.