Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this fan base at all. We overrate players who are good but have clear flaws, sing the praises of bang average ones, defend to the death ones that show they can't do it for years and disparage some of our best players time at the club once they leave. I get that supporters are going to have some clouded judgment but is it possible to be at least a little objective?

Pulisic and Richarlison are both having down years, but last year one scored goals at a higher rate. I'll let you figure it out. I'm not even making a call on who is better, but this is unreasonable. But hey, you're still trying to sell Michael Keane right?

Imagine thinking a Dortmund bench player would be a superstar because hes American lol

Tuchel will be looking at Pulisic and thinking "i thought i got rid of him already"...

Youve said Pulisic is miles better than Lozano and had your pants pulled down...now youre saying hes as good as Richarlison.

Come on...read that back lol

Also, care to backpeddle on your "We wont play 3 at the back" × infinity posts ?

Youve had a nightmare here...

As for your obtuse comment about Keane, at this point what ive said is spot on.

He's good deep but cant play a high line...

As @Stephenlloyd wrote, you need different players to him and Keane if you want to consistently reach top 6.

You cant sit deep against teams like Fulham, Sheffield United, WBA and expect the wins...

If you do, then you'd need a playmaker in front of them and a top attacking right back.

This is so obvious, its frightening.

Imagine thinking a Dortmund bench player would be a superstar because hes American lol

Tuchel will be looking at Pulisic and thinking "i thought i got rid of him already"...

Youve said Pulisic is miles better than Lozano and had your pants pulled down...now youre saying hes as good as Richarlison.

Also, care to backpeddle on your "We wont play 3 at the back" × infinity posts ?

As @Stephenlloyd wrote, you need different players to him and Keane if you want to consistently reach top 6.

You cant sit deep against teams like Fulham, Sheffield United, WBA and expect the wins...

If you do, then you'd need a playmaker in front of them and a top attacking right back.

I still don't rate Lozano. I mean I also haven't watched Napoli because they're pretty tough viewing, but for now that's where I am.

But anyway we played a back 3 for the first time in 4 months so you got me! We're a back 3 team now.

The point you've said is dead wrong, you want Keane out because of some hypothetical, reality is he's one of like 6 good players we have and should be in the team.

I still don't rate Lozano. I mean I also haven't watched Napoli because they're pretty tough viewing, but for now that's where I am.

But anyway we played a back 3 for the first time in 4 months so you got me! We're a back 3 team now.

The point you've said is dead wrong, you want Keane out because of some hypothetical, reality is he's one of like 6 good players we have and should be in the team.
I wouldnt bother, the whole forum laughs at him for his Keane agenda.

It's fine to have different viewpoints, lord knows I do, but this would be like if Bernard was sitting on 10 goals and I was still saying he was crap.
Not man enough to admit it got it wrong and instead has to keep saying he can't play a high line, which is the same as having a go at Richarlison for never traveling to the moon.

By the way, Lozano AND Pulisic are Garbo.

I wouldnt bother, the whole forum laughs at him for his Keane agenda.

It's fine to have different viewpoints, lord knows I do, but this would be like if Bernard was sitting on 10 goals and I was still saying he was crap.

Not man enough to admit it got it wrong and instead has to keep saying he can't play a high line, which is the same as having a go at Richarlison for never traveling to the moon.

Could you see United signing him?

Surely he's going to be top of their list isnt he lads?

...Lads?

Deep defence = Good

Anything else = Bad

Youre both advocating sitting deep against Allardyce in the WBA game coming up then...

Z man, he had 90 league appearances and 13 league goals for a champions league level Dortmund as a teenager. Imagine thinking that’s not impressive. Using the fact that he wasn’t a full time starter for Dortmund his last year after he’d already been sold to slag someone off while ignoring the former accomplishment is a lazy argument. We won’t be getting him or Hudson Odoi but they’d both start from day 1.

Pulisic is not having a good year but honestly is anyone on Chelsea? I still believe he's got the talent to dominate, and having a goal or assist every 130 minutes or so last year sort of backs that up, but if he's missing a one of every three months with a hamstring issue and not overcoming some of the flaws in his game he obviously will never reach his highest potential.

As I said, at the right price I'd sign him but if we are getting someone out of the Chelsea mess I'm definitely down for Hudson-Odoi first.

Could you see United signing him?

Surely he's going to be top of their list isnt he lads?

...Lads?

Deep defence = Good

Anything else = Bad

Youre both advocating sitting deep against Allardyce in the WBA game coming up then...
Honestly I get that it is fun banter to have a go at Maguire but for me he's pretty good. Sometimes mistakes happen but largely he does well.

Pulisic is not having a good year but honestly is anyone on Chelsea? I still believe he's got the talent to dominate, and having a goal or assist every 130 minutes or so last year sort of backs that up, but if he's missing a one of every three months with a hamstring issue and not overcoming some of the flaws in his game he obviously will never reach his highest potential.

As I said, at the right price I'd sign him but if we are getting someone out of the Chelsea mess I'm definitely down for Hudson-Odoi first.
Chelsea is 1 weird club.

Oh, also against Fulham we started Holgate and Godfrey together and it was a disaster. Guess who started the reverse fixture and the matches against Sheffield and west Brom though? All of which resulted in wins...So this time you’re just flat wrong. So wrong, it’s frightening.

Hint- the answer to the question is Keane and Mina.

Last edited:
Oh, also against Fulham we started Holgate and Godfrey together and it was a disaster. Guess who started the reverse fixture and the matches against Sheffield and west Brom though? All of which resulted in wins...So this time you’re just flat wrong. So wrong, it’s frightening.

Hint- the answer to the question is Keane and Mina.
The thing I just don't really get is that he seems to love Mina at the same time as thinking Keane needs to go but to me they are essentially the exact same player. I mean what attribute really separates one from the other? Keane has been slightly better for me but I also think being healthier has to do with it.

The thing I just don't really get is that he seems to love Mina at the same time as thinking Keane needs to go but to me they are essentially the exact same player. I mean what attribute really separates one from the other? Keane has been slightly better for me but I also think being healthier has to do with it.
It’d be down to admitting he was wrong. Keane has been the best defender at the club not named Lucas Digne for about 14 months now.

Honestly as this is the transfer thread, we shouldn’t even be talking about center backs. It’s pretty much last on our list of needs.

It’d be down to admitting he was wrong. Keane has been the best defender at the club not named Lucas Digne for about 14 months now.

Honestly as this is the transfer thread, we shouldn’t even be talking about center backs. It’s pretty much last on our list of needs.
It really is. I'd be a bit confused if we did any business there tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.